A Call to Arms

Absolute Dog

If the pronlems only started when you got the new modem...then obviously you need to go digging into tue modem configuration, and if possible call to see if something is blocked. Secondly, dont come in here stating things in a post the way you did. I am doing everyone a favor by reachjng out to my sources to get answers. Quick little snaps like yours make me want to not help.

If your post meant no harm other than just curiosity then I am sorry. Im a little stressed right now and not in a cool calm state of mjnd. sorry in advance jn any case man.

Also please note that an ISP company has many different comminication protocols based on what hardware is currently available and what is actually supported by the ISP. You may be victim of an upgrade bug in which the newer modems supported don't communicate correctly thru the ISP relay servers, then to Live service.

s0me-kind-0f-m0nster, please be aware that we are working diligently on the issue to get it resolved in a timely manner. We also ask that you please try to show a little more patience on the matter. All available resources are being used at the moment to attain closure. We are doing this for you, the fellow players of Halo.

Thank you Twinreaper for all of your research and support!! :thumbsup: You tech guru you, lol!!!

Thanks, that does explain it to some degree, but I was using the same internet connection, I havn't changed ISP's! Nothing has changed in my setup?

Seriously, one day in Oct/November last year, this issue just started out of the blue? Can you explain that? I haven't upgraded anything, changed anything? Surely something must have changed within the servers or Xbox Live?

If the pronlems only started when you got the new modem...then obviously you need to go digging into tue modem configuration, and if possible call to see if something is blocked. Secondly, dont come in here stating things in a post the way you did. I am doing everyone a favor by reachjng out to my sources to get answers. Quick little snaps like yours make me want to not help.

If your post meant no harm other than just curiosity then I am sorry. Im a little stressed right now and not in a cool calm state of mjnd. sorry in advance jn any case man.

Also please note that an ISP company has many different comminication protocols based on what hardware is currently available and what is actually supported by the ISP. You may be victim of an upgrade bug in which the newer modems supported don't communicate correctly thru the ISP relay servers, then to Live service.

I apologize if I came off stand-offish reaper, I didn't intend to sound that way.

It was honestly just a curious question, you had said that it was ISP specific which is why I asked since my ISP hasn't changed only my internet plan/modem.

Could the problem lie in the actual internet plans possibly? It seems that its only people on "ultimate" broadband experincing the issues as well.

It shouldn't be however anything to do with the modem since I can access any other game over xbl perfectly fine. Its only games run on 343i servers that have this issue. (halo 3 halo odst halo reach and halo ce:a) I can play BF3 MW3 MW2 Dead Island Skyrim anything else over XBL, which is why I believe it has to do with 343i's servers (altho I could be wrong)

Also it couldn't be that the ISP is blocking certain things since I was able to play just fine before the 101 ip

s0me-kind-0f-m0nster, please be aware that we are working diligently on the issue to get it resolved in a timely manner. We also ask that you please try to show a little more patience on the matter. All available resources are being used at the moment to attain closure. We are doing this for you, the fellow players of Halo.

Thank you Twinreaper for all of your research and support!! :thumbsup: You tech guru you, lol!!!

Sorry Choot, I can appricate that you are trying to sort out the issue and am thankful for that

• Like 1

No problem m0nster! I've tried to put myself in the NewZealand/Australia situation and believe me, I do realize the frustration you all are facing. I commend all of you for being so patient thus far to play a game we ALL love! We will stand behind all players who are facing this issue. We are on your side.

Twinreaper is really going out of his way on this one. He's the one you really need to thank.

-Choot 'em

• Like 1

To answer you question about the plans Monster, it does actually matter what plan you have. As a general rule an ISP will hand out to it's customers depending on plan, different models and versions of hardware. Not all of those pieces of hardware use the same communication protocols or the relay servers in the same way as every other hardware item. Now that being said, it very well could lie with the fact that perhaps 343i has certain port requirements for the service, and by default, certain "western" world ISP's don't allow that or those, certain ports opened for whatever reason.

This is also why you DBUK, experienced problems right away, more than likely due to the newer hardware modem/server version the ISP started using maybe. It happens here in the US as well. Sometimes people are just chugging along just fine using their 4 year old store bought modem...then all the sudden the ISP says your modem is no longer supported. Time goes on, you don't upgrade and low and behold your modem still works just fine, but some times you have connection issues. Then one day it fries. You contact the ISP and get one of their newer modems/routers. Next day, nothing but problems when connecting to certain sites, services etc.... The issues ultimatly stem from an ISP's inability to properly communicate and work with service providers to properly ensure compatability issues.

ISP's are one of the biggest and laxest when it comes to maintaining their server equipment and communication rules/protocols.

Cool, thanks again! You are indded a wise Techno Guru...

I suppose I had better just get my patient pants ironed then and see what 343i come up with... Maybe this issue will never be resolved, and my copy of Halo will be resigned to coaster duties? Time will tell I guess!

Ho hum!

To answer you question about the plans Monster, it does actually matter what plan you have. As a general rule an ISP will hand out to it's customers depending on plan, different models and versions of hardware. Not all of those pieces of hardware use the same communication protocols or the relay servers in the same way as every other hardware item. Now that being said, it very well could lie with the fact that perhaps 343i has certain port requirements for the service, and by default, certain "western" world ISP's don't allow that or those, certain ports opened for whatever reason.

This is also why you DBUK, experienced problems right away, more than likely due to the newer hardware modem/server version the ISP started using maybe. It happens here in the US as well. Sometimes people are just chugging along just fine using their 4 year old store bought modem...then all the sudden the ISP says your modem is no longer supported. Time goes on, you don't upgrade and low and behold your modem still works just fine, but some times you have connection issues. Then one day it fries. You contact the ISP and get one of their newer modems/routers. Next day, nothing but problems when connecting to certain sites, services etc.... The issues ultimatly stem from an ISP's inability to properly communicate and work with service providers to properly ensure compatability issues.

ISP's are one of the biggest and laxest when it comes to maintaining their server equipment and communication rules/protocols.

Thanks for your reply, it is a confusing issue then, for me at least.

I understand what you are saying but it seems to me that if my modem did have these issues with communications protocol that the problem would be universal over all platforms over all games.

It seems odd to me that I can play co-op campaign, customs, go into forgeworld, and play regular firefight and connect to people on my friends list to do so, but can't enter matchmaking.

Wouldn't all aspects of reach's features use the same servers ?

I understand that from game to game the communications protocols would/might be different which would result in some games working fine and others like reach not working at all.....but when you can use 99% of the features on a game save one.

Admittidly I don't have much knowledge on the subject, kinda wish I did now

Ive been having this same problem on halo3 and reach and also gears of war3 ( but that doesn't really apply here just putting it out there it's epic server too:/ ) anywho I'm from Canada and my ISP is telus ( public ip 23.xxx.x.xx ) I just want to be sure that when and if they find a fix that it's not only 101 ip :/.

Everyone who is experiencing an issue, please try halo reach again, as of today I am able to access matchmaking

Yes s0me-kind-0f-m0nster, I've just researched elsewhere and most that were having an issue state that the problem may have been fixed. Those that have had an issue, please attempt to access MM and post your results.

Can you confirm resolved Twin??

Twin, the issue is actually resolved on my end.

I talked to xbox support yesterday at 5pm, told them the issue told them my ip and told them that I thought the TU had changed some of the perameters in the 343i MM servers and that the changed had resulted in my ip address being omitted.

I woke up this morning 8am and lo and behold, it works

I can now play halo reahc matchmaking.

SOme people are still having the issue however, I have suggested to them that they all do as I did.

Call xbox supprot explain the issue tell them their IP address and say that their IP prefix is being ommited from the MM servers becuase of the title update.

HOpefully this works for them as well

Thanks Twin for all of your help through this

Still says halo server unavailable :( this is so frustrating !!!

This is what I did, hopefully it will help you.

I called xbox support for the australia region, explained to them the issue throughly.

Tell them that you can play any other game's matchmaking fine and that you can also play custom games, co-op campaign firefight and can connetc to friends in pre-game lobbys on reach but can't join matchmaking.

Tell them that the issue is world wide and you would likethe matter to be escalated.

Tell them that you believe the problem lies in the way the 343i servers communicate with you ip address, and that you believe because of the TU back in October something changed in 343i's MM servers that is causing the servers to not "see" your ip address.

Be firm and persistant, make sure they escalate the matter and be sure to ha,,er home the fact that it is a known world wide issue.

This is what I did, and within 14 hours of doing this the 101ip issue was fixed. That could (and probably is) just coincidence, but its what I did and it got fixed so give it a shot.

So, um, it's working again! Yay!

Now I can justify purchasing Halo AE! Whoop! :)

DBUK I am happy to see that you and others a finally getting the chance to play matchmaking again. I am very grateful to the members who showed there support for these players. To Twinreaper, you gave your best efforts here and it shows. You bring so much to this community with your knowledge, your relationships in the gaming community and your desire to give us the best answer that you can give. I thank you most of all!

• 2 weeks later...