I just played combat evolved for the first time and...

Infinite LuLz

Halo reach isnt that bad. I still play it and like playing it, even though we have lost 85% of the players to cod.

I think they made some progress in halo reach, but it would of been nice to have some more arena maps back.

I hope in halo 4 they bring back the Battle rifle, but at the same time...keep the DMR. ( I love both, is that such a bad thing) It would also be nice to see them bring back the Beam rifle from halo 3. It was nice having a mix up with the snipers of the game. BOth had advantages and disadvantages that I liked. Halo 1 pistol that has been brough back in reach, is awesome! And as much as I hate the small clip, I think it works well and brings the balance back to where it should be.

Forge in reach was awesome, I was 100% satisfied with that. Only thing they could add to it, is some standard textures that you can apply to the building blocks to the give the forge made maps a much more generic feel. Even if they were just simple base colours.

In regards to armour abilities, not the biggest fan of them, but I admit I have become very used to sprinting and evading(when that option is given) in game. I dont like jet pack, though I dont mind it. Where reach failed in armour abilities is Armour lock and Active camo. <--- Totally ruins the game. I would much rather see them have those abilities, but as a powerup that spawns. Think someone mentioned about active camp and camping, and then someone responded about snipers.... you know that is the last thing that bothers me.... its more the whole.... sit still and crouched in active camo until someone runs past and BANG! SHOTGUN TO THE FACE. But that I can handle, Armor locking and leap frogging with it, frustrates me something fierce.

Would be good to have a large map loadout right from word go instead of map packs. Hell, I wouldnt whinge one bit if the through in a whole bunch of old maps with no changes bar textures from halo 1, 2, 3 and reach.

Maps I do hope they put in.

- Lockout

- Midship

- Guarian

- The pit

- warlock/wizard

- sanctuary

^^ I know you can argue these have all been made in forge.... but without the texture abilities or nature objects in forge, the maps just feel quite bland and grey.

As for swords/rockets etc, I know they are annoying, and personally i dont like them, but I also acknowledge there is a large portion of the halo fan base that love these rthings, and I think its part of what makes halo so I think they should be kept as part of halo as always.

What I really want is the feel of Halo back. Reach is too....different. To me, thats bad because I expected the famous halo feel. And I think thats why most people left, Reach does not deliver the Halo feel they had come to love.

I mentioned halo4 to a chatroom of BF3 fans and all of them were almost crying at how much they loved halo3. Then i mentioned Reach and it quickly turned to hatred. They want the old, amazing feeling back. They want Halo to destroy CoD, and even become better than BF. People still love halo, and 343i needs to create halo4 from the core of what everyone loved in Halo1-3.

Sorry to the fans who like Reach, but your in the minority here. So my question is, would you be angry or happy if Halo4 acted like Reach never existed, and built on Halo3? Because I think thats what the majority of gamers want.

Statements like those above me are simple opinions. What you are saying is not fact but your own personal feeling towards the subject. As for "old fans"...I am an old fan and I appreciate what we got out of Reach. Perhaps if all the supposed "fans" stopped whining and tried to appreciate the game for what it is, you might have a better gaming experience. Halo is an interpretation not a lifestyle or cold hard ideal. And as such there is no proven formula or component of it that dictates whether or not the game is indeed "Halo".

The more i see comments like this, the more I understand why Bungie and now 343i will not seriously ever consider anything this community says it should do. It has the most fractured fanbase and whiny pansies of any franchise currently in use.

Call of Duty is a horrible multiplayer franchise and their fanbase doesn't whine nearly a quarter as much as Halo's does now.

I think a lot of us tried to "appreciate" reach. I rebought it a few times because I thought maybe it was me...but no that game just sucks ass. After playing the first 3 and having hours of the best time then I get on reach and it stops instantly. It's just a very frustrating game and put together horribly. Stop trying to defend bungies worst game. I didn't get anything out of reach except for hours of being pissed off. It's a game for little kids who don't know a good game anyway.