A question I would like to have answered.

DBeY

When is the Title update being applied to the entire game?

If I understand the way a TU goes it's supposed to be applied to the game for everything. I'm not asking for the pistol to be 3sk in all playlist because lord knows the amount of complaints that would result in (Noobs mad at return of a skill gap). But the 85% bloom, bleed-through damage, etc. Where is it at? I knew the update was not to be implemented immediately ala early fall. But I thought the whole point of having a title update was to ya know... Update it. Having a TU Beta playlist that isn't going to go anywhere doesn't make it a Beta it makes it a playlist with different settings. I understand that people say they like the way Reach currently is and don't want it to change but that was the same scenario pre patch Halo 2 and Halo 3. You need to just take the "Title Update" out of Beta Phasing already, Anniversary is here, it's B E A Utiful and the rest of the playlist need to get with the times. Eventually people will adapt as humans always have and always will do, and enjoy the new Reach for what it should of been in the first place.

The TU was intended specifically for CEA only. There was never an intention or plan, to bring the weapon and AA tweaks to Reach as a whole. 343 felt it unwarranted and unnecessary to bring it to the entire game. Doing so would have greatly changed the way the campaign and firefight play as well as multiplayer. Many people would not have been happy about campaign alone changing. Plain fact is, not many people actually facilitated the TU change. It was more or less 343i's own gut feeling to tweak things a bit. The actual amount of community members that hate Reach's gameplay and wanted the TU tweaks, compared to the base community that had no feeling or posiiton on it, was a lot less than one would suspect. You could go thru B-Net, Waypoint and here, and see a lot of the same people and count no greater than 200 actual members that wanted change.

The main reason for TU updates, are usually to accompany new map packs with things that are not supported by the standard base core components of the game engine. This is specifically why CEA required an updated to be downloaded as well as the playlists. Halo 2 and Halo 3 had the same type of downloaded content requirement as well.

I for one do not like the new playlist. The gameplay of old aka Halo 1, does not reflect well in just a weapon tweak. The gameplay and mechanics that run CEA playlists do nothing but facilitate the fact that the magnum and DMR bloom/damage multiplyers do nothing more than fit like a circular peg in a square hole. It doesn't work at all as well as hardcore members thought it would.

The amount of people that don't like Reach the way it currently is isn't represented fully by just the people who have stated their frustration. The majority of the MLG Halo community would support me. Remember Black people weren't happy with the rights they had gained with freedom, but only a few MLK, Malcom X, Rosa Parks, etc. stood up and said something leading the following revolution. Just because the change wanted doesn't seem to have the supporters doesn't mean those people don't exist.

EDIT: It also said more playlist would be implemented, any info on when said playlist are going to drop?

The playlists still need to be worked on. The playlists we got with the release of CEA is a test within itself. The test being, how we respond and how much we play them. The next batch I assume will be starting to be worked on maybe as early as mid December. It takes time to create a simple playlist and tst them out fully before releasing them into the wild.

As for the feelings of Reach, this is not a representative community. If each member of the community that hates things in Reach truly hates it, then they themselves need to stand up as individuals. Perhaps get a petition for some changes you would like, and have each person sign it. Of coarse this petition would have to be signed via a gamertag older than 1 day...just to make sure each gamertag is an actual player and not a habitual spammer.

Only by this method would your "general community" concerns and gripes be justified and heard with anything but a laughter. Also may I point out, that the more you expect 343i to spend time on CEA and Reach, making what I believe to be silly changes.....you are taking time away from there ability to work on newer titles and more important fixes. I am quite sure that 343i has heard every single change that was wanted...and in the end they decided those changes were not worth the effort, or were too invloved to be applied as a simple fix. This again was stated quite clearly by the temas involved with CEA at a PAX Panel.

Purchasing of map content does not dictate what playlists are made, and made permanent. The playlists themselves are constructed with gametype scenarios before even thinking about what maps would best be used with them by default. They construct the playlist, and play it on all maps as an internal test, then pass it off to final approval, then we get the playlists. The amount of people who actually purchase the content will not be used to figure out if, when or if any further map packs, playlists and other DLC will be made.

All DLC extras are made as a way of supporting a title after it's launch and as a first wave of game support. Regardless of sales, they will support this game well into 2012.