How to be Better at multiplayer

IM fed up every single halo 3 match its just 0 kills 9200000000000 deaths every match every single time i seem to see an enemy they killl me in seconds and i strafe i throw grenades i do everything guides say me to do and it does nothing me being new am i missing anything? am i doing something everyone else is doing please help a small newbie grunt

It could be a lot of things, but if you're new to Halo, it's probably just inexperience. You will get better with practice, and if you're uncomfortable doing that in multiplayer, then there is absolutely no shame in heading into the campaign to practice your shooting, so play a few missions until you start getting comfortable with aiming, grenade arcs, and the motion tracker. Your mechanical skills will improve as you play, and the more you understand the way the game works, the better your decision-making skills will become: both of these things will help build the foundation of multiplayer skills.

A few tips:

• Halo 3 has the best grenades in the series because they're extremely predictable, but can't be spammed. Don't just throw a grenade as soon as you get into a fight - unless you're skilled, you're probably not going to outdo the DPS your opponent is going to hit you with in the meantime. Just start shooting, save your 'nades for tactical use.
  • Tactical use means bouncing Frags off walls and around corner to hit opponents who you can't see. A talented grenadier can put a frag straight onto an opponent's head from around a corner, blowing out their shields in a single hit and leaving them open to a finisher. You probably can't do this yet, so practice in the campaign or Forge!
  • All weapons in Halo 3, barring the Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle, Sentinel Beam and Spartan Laser have travel time on their projectiles. The Battle Rifle and Carbine work over slightly longer ranges, but you're still going to struggle to hit stuff beyond medium range. Get used to using the melee button, you'll be doing it a lot.
  • Automatic weapons are okay in Halo 3, but you really want to be using the Battle Rifle. Lead your shots very slightly, aim for the chest for the first three bursts, and then aim the fourth at the head. This gives you the greatest chance of actually killing an opponent at the fastest possible speed.#
  • Certain weapons can get headshots, which instantly kill unshielded opponents. These weapons are the Battle Rifle, Carbine, Beam Rifle, Sniper Rifle, and Magnum. Don't bother aiming for the head with any other weapons, you don't do any extra damage and you're more likely to miss.
  • Never stand still. Spartans don't necessarily move very fast, but movement does make you harder to hit. Jump wherever you can to throw off an opponents' aim, try to move unpredictably, and above all, don't stand still. This is the fastest way for snipers to introduce your head to their bullets.
  • Move with your team. I can't stress this enough. Halo has long kill times compared to most other shooters: while in something like CoD two players moving together doesn't really make much difference to who wins a fight, in Halo it completely changes the game. Stick with your team, shoot together, and don't be afraid to hold a position with them.
  • Let the enemy come to you. Most maps have power positions which the enemy will find it difficult to attack: experienced teammates will naturally gravitate toward these. Follow them, hold them, win games.
  • You cannot be a lone wolf hero. Charging a position single-handed works in shooters with fast kill times: in Halo, it's a free point for your opponents. If you're killed, first thing to do when you respawn isn't to make a mad rush at the position where you died, it's to get back to your teammates.

That's the basics. But the main thing is just practice: learn to use the Battle Rifle and other headshot-capable weapons, learn to bounce your 'nades, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon. For example, the Battle Rifle is a strong general-purpose weapon which loses out at melee range, and isn't accurate at long-range. However, meleeing an opponent removes their shields, allowing you to get a headshot kill and thus recover from a bad situation, and although it won't kill snipers it will knock them out of their scope, meaning it's harder for them to hit you. Similarly, the energy sword has no use at all outside of melee range and if someone sees you running around with it they'll start shooting you immediately, but if you hide somewhere or crouch and move so that you don't appear on an opponent's motion tracker, you can use it to attack enemies who don't know you're there for an easy instant kill.

• Like 3