Mute ban.

Eyrr

Alright, So I'm mute banned. I learn to live with it and it isn't a huge deal. It would be nice not to have it but hey, what are ya gonna do? What I don't understand is why would you have an auto mute system in place when you can set your social profile or whatever its called as rowdy and when other people can just mute you. I understand most people use party chat but still, the mute ban was a curb stomp to game chat. I think the mute ban is ridiculous. What about you?

Most players never set the social "preferences" and even if they did, mute bans aren't applied to "chatty" players they are typically given to disruptive players. When I play Reach I play with a fun, talkative and funny group of friends. We talk a lot in the pregame lobby, the game itself and post game. Not one of us have ever been banned. It is auto applied after numerous complaints, not just a couple. The bans are also applied to player whose mic it constantly noisy, plays music/tv, too loud or constantly echos. The problem is everyone who gets banned, muted or otherwise punished feels the system is unfair. Some people do forget that we play in a public domain, instead they sit at home saying whatever they want, being annoying and disruptive and then complain when the players around them get tire of it and mute them.

I am not saying that you are anything but polite and talkative, but typically polite and talkative people do not get mute banned.

By the way, welcome to the forums Eyrr and thanks for the post.