Selector switch for the new BR?

Absolute Dog

23 members have voted

1. 1. If the BR returns would you.......

• ....like to see a single shot version only?
    • ....like to have the option of single shot or auto fire?
    • ....like it to return just as it was before?
    • ....not care either way, will adapt to whatever is offered.

I was thinking about how the BR always resembled the M-16 I used in the service. This thought originally occurred to me in Halo 2. I'm sure I was not the only one having it, but why not offer the BR with either a selection mode chosen with a button on the controller or have a choice available in the load out menu of single shot or three round bursts. In real life use the battle rifle, the M-16, is the primary weapon of a soldier and currently offer single or three shot bursts via a selector switch. Would you like this option? The single shot would provide accurate bullet placement and 3 round bursts would have a sprayed pattern whose diameter would increase a greater distances. What do you think?

i think this would be a good idea because it would make the BR useful in more situations but it wouldn't make it over powered since you will sacrifice damage for accuracy in single shot mode and accuracy for damage in burst fire mode,and it should satisfy people who like the BR and people who like the DMR.

• Like 1

i think this would be a good idea because it would make the BR useful in more situations but it wouldn't make it over powered since you will sacrifice damage for accuracy in single shot mode and accuracy for damage in burst fire mode,and it should satisfy people who like the BR and people who like the DMR.

True, and it would give the less experienced player more body hits vs the accuracy of the better player.

I was thinking about how the BR always resembled the M-16 I used in the service. This thought originally occurred to me in Halo 2. I'm sure I was not the only one having it, but why not offer the BR with either a selection mode chosen with a button on the controller or have a choice available in the load out menu of single shot or three round bursts. In real life use the battle rifle, the M-16, is the primary weapon of a soldier and currently offer single or three shot bursts via a selector switch. Would you like this option? The single shot would provide accurate bullet placement and 3 round bursts would have a sprayed pattern whose diameter would increase a greater distances. What do you think?

You know the halo 2 beta/demo had the BR in it and it was three shot burst but if you zoomed in it became a single shot weapon. It actually worked pretty good but they canned it for some reason. I personally like 3 round burst at all times but I could deal with this.