"The Evil Post"

AnimeAddict

Hey guys for my "Evil Post" I figured id share one of my favorite Spooky Urban legends

The legend has it that a beautiful woman lived in Japan years ago.

Her husband was a very jealous and brutal man who became convinced that his wife was cheating on him. To prevent anyone from finding her attractive, in a fit of rage, he slit her mouth ear to ear with a sword, screaming "Who will think you're beautiful now!?"

The Slit-Mouthed woman would  later returned as a vengeful spirit wearing a surgical mask (which isn't uncommon in Japan as many Japanese people wear surgical masks to prevent other people from being infected by their colds and sickness). She will approach a child and ask them "Am I pretty?" If the child answers "Yes", she will take off her surgical mask, revealing her Glasgow smile and ask "How about no?" if the child changes their answer to "No", she cuts them in half. If the child sticks to their answer of "Yes", she will slit their mouth just like hers. Running away from her will not work, as she will simply reappear in front of the victim. The only sure way of escaping The Slit-Mouthed Woman alive and unharmed is to give her an ambigious answer such as "You are average" or "So-so" which will confuse her and give the person enough time to escape. If the victim throws sweets and candies at her, she would be distracted and try to eat them. This gives the victim enough time to run. The slit-mouthed woman would also have a privilege to appear in front of the victim. Another way is to say if the child is pretty. She will get confused and walk away. 

Feel free to share some of the urban legends you like here as well

Edited by AnimeAddict
  • Like 3

I didn't like that creepy pasta, it didn't really try anything scary and was far too short for any sort of buildup.

The age old "OMG GORE SO SCARE" doesn't really do anything and actually devalues it, it's a cheap way to try and get a scare out of some people. Rarely works.

Then it leaves all these questions and doesn't answer anything at all, which instead of ending in a "did that really happen?" like a good creepy pasta should, it ends with more of a "What the hell?".