Battlefield Hardline coming soon, full reveal at E3

Screech

post-8091-0-30347600-1401290706.png

After a ton of leaks surfaced online yesterday, the devs took things into their own hands and decided to officially announce the next title in the Battlefield franchise - Battlefield Hardline.

According to the announcement posted on the Battlefield Blog, the game is being developed by Visceral Games, not DICE. In addition to that, the game, which is said to be the first title in "a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise," will focus on the war on crime (cops vs. robbers).

Visceral Games general manager Steve Papoutsis had the following to say about how Hardlines came to fruition:

"Several years ago, I was at an internal EA meeting in Barcelona with creative leaders from across the company. It was here I met Karl Magnus Troedsson, the GM of DICE, for the first time, and we immediately began talking about games. I’ve always loved Battlefield and KM was a huge fan of Dead Space, so we started talking about different ways we could work together, different ways we could take Battlefield and action games in a new direction. And from that point, the project that would become Battlefield Hardline was born."

He went on to state that more will be revealed at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (obviously), during which gamers will be told more about "the ways we are adding new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer, more about how we’re bringing our strengths at Visceral to single player."

On another note, a lot of leaks on the contents of the game have already begun to surface. One of the many videos ib the leaked weapons, gadgets, and ranking system can be viewed below (it appears the game will be using a prestige system similar to that which is used in the Call of Duty franchise...).

So what do my fellow Battlefielders think about Battlefield Hardline? Is it too soon for another Battlefield game to be released? Is Battlefield starting to become the next Call of Duty? Let me know!

Sources:

• Like 1