Halo Waypoint issue

Seeker of Truth

Okay, I don't know if any of you know this, but I don't have a Waypoint account. I was just registering with my email and password...and then I'm allowed in, gamertag and all.

But here's the problem. The gamertag is listed as "GalvanicBadge65", which is not my gamertag. Further Xbox.com shows that the gamertag has no service record. 

What is going on? Does someone have access to my email account? Or was this just a random gamertag assigned to my email because I didn't link one to my account (and wasn't asked to)?

I'm changing my email password just to be safe, but what can I do to get this other person (assuming there is another person) out of my Waypoint account? 

Okay, I don't know if any of you know this, but I don't have a Waypoint account. I was just registering with my email and password...and then I'm allowed in, gamertag and all.

But here's the problem. The gamertag is listed as "GalvanicBadge65", which is not my gamertag. Further Xbox.com shows that the gamertag has no service record. 

What is going on? Does someone have access to my email account? Or was this just a random gamertag assigned to my email because I didn't link one to my account (and wasn't asked to)?

I'm changing my email password just to be safe, but what can I do to get this other person (assuming there is another person) out of my Waypoint account? 

This question would probably best be answered on Waypoint I would think. You would be more likely to come across people who've had the same issue there and who know the solution to it.

Also, are you signing into the email that you use for your actual XBL profile?