2 diffrent Articles.

Ghost Recon

Destiny: Post-Apocalyptic Ambtion

Source: http://www.gamerdebates.com/2014/03/04/destiny-post-apocalyptic-ambtion/

Ambition. It’s such a positively charged word. We typically view ambitious people in such a way that implies they’re destined for success. Unfortunately, the ambitious aren’t always successful and occasionally end up walking into territories they have no business being. Right now, Bungie is being ambitious with their upcoming title Destiny. They’re paving the way for a title that expands across several genres. It’s a post-apocalyptic, shooter which draws heavily from RPG elements in a universe that spans both sci-fi and fantasy themes. There are, however, several questions that surround the release of this highly anticipated title:

Will it Spread itself too Thin?

For those of you who are basketball fans, perhaps you’ll understand what I mean when I say a player is a tweener. A tweener is typically a player who can play either position but doesn’t really excel at either. The question is: will Destiny spread itself too thin and in turn be a “tweener?” It’s typically important for developers to remember their audience when drawing up plans. Destiny, at its core, is a shooter. However, it draws a great deal of inspiration from games like Borderlands in that it allows for loot, character progression, and exploration. Now, I know what you’re thinking: Borderlands did awesome and you’re right. This is simply an idea. Will Bungie fans comes searching for another Halo experience only to be offered something different? Instinct tells me this title is going to be fantastic. I mean, this is Bungie we’re talking about here and the prospect of running around a post-apocalyptic world, exploring the secrets behind the humans’ demise sounds AWESOME. However…

I have been Fooled Before

There have been titles that I simply couldn’t wait for, but when they arrived, they turned out to be less than expected. Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of these titles. Presented by Bioware as a true Star Wars MMO experience soon proved to be more of a single-player, story driven campaign with little to no endgame. This left a bitter taste in many gamers’ mouths. For this reason, I always take previews with a grain of salt. Destiny, however, will likely not suffer as ToR did. After all, it’s not an MMO and we know that Bungie has developed it with the utmost care.

What I Look Forward to Most

I’ll be the first to say that FPS games aren’t always my favorite; however, the RPG elements certainly appeal to me. I look forward to the prospect of teaming with others as we discover the secrets of the galaxy. I look forward to exploring unknown planets in order to see how humans terraformed each, sneaking through the ruins that were left behind. I look forward to gathering awesome loot from unknown creatures found in the darkest places throughout the solar system. But above all, I look forward to seeing how Bungie differentiates itself from other shooters as it continues its ambitious journey toward a truly unique title.

If you would like to know more about Destiny check out this ridiculously awesome community made video showcasing what is known so far. It’s… It’s awesome.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hLQFmob-vsM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toy Fair 2014: New Mega Bloks Halo Collection – Xbox One Controller for a Mantis

Source: http://gamerfitnation.com/2014/02/mega-bloks-halo-collection-xbox-one-controlled-mantis/

This year, Mega Bloks is back with new additions to the their Mega Bloks Halo collection. Their Halo franchise has now been re-imaged and scaled down to fully detailed and articulated figures rather than the typical “block” type rendition of other action figures. During Toy Fair 2014, GamerFitNation had a chance to preview the Mega Blocks booth. Social Media Coordinator Tim Gorham, was the perfect one to give us a tour of what’s new, sharing how Mega Bloks worked with Microsoft and 343 Industries to capture the full details of the franchise.

Check out the full preview below to see what’s in store with Mega Bloks’ Halo Collection, including various building sets and figures you can collect:

Video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvnN6B6yC_E&feature=player_embedded

This will mark the collection’s 6th year. All sets are due to release Fall 2014.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------