What would make a perfect Halo game?

Benchimus

What do you think would make the perfect Halo game? Ill name off the things I think would make for a perfect Halo game. Feel free to criticize my choices or add your own

-Halo Reach's gritty art style with 4s graphics

-Halo 1s Shields/health system (60% of max "life" was shields, 40% was health I believe. Needed health packs as Health didnt regenerate.)

-More or less Halo 3s gameplay and physics. As in how your character move speed, jump height,.

- A specific list of weapons. 3's battle rifle and carbine, 4s assault rifle, Reach's pistol, Halo 1s plasma rifle and plasma pistol, 2's sword, 4's shotgun, Reach's needler. Heavy weapons from Reach. NO promethean weapons.

-Reach/4's ability for regular weapons to kill vehicles after enough shots

-No armor abilities, insta spawn or custom loadouts

-And last but certainly not least, all maps from H2 and 3.

I didn't really like Halo 1's life system. Sure, it's more realistic, but in terms of gameplay it gets annoying after awhile. You don't want to go around a corner too fast or else you'll get your face blown off in two shots.

How come you don't want Promethean weapons? It's good to have weapons that have multiple uses in the heat of battle. You can take away someone's shields with a Suppressor and finish them off without switching weapons, whereas an Assault Rifle isn't as effective against shields but rips unshielded foes to shreds. Although they could be tweaked to inflict a happy medium in terms of damage. A Lightrifle shouldn't deal as much shield damage as a Carbine, but inflict more than a DMR or BR.

Reach had the vehicle stats just right. They exploded after taking enough damage, but they could take a lot of punishment. In Halo 4, it felt like every vehicle was made of paper. If the next Halo has a life meter for your vehicle like Covenant vehicles in Halo 1 did, that would help out a lot in battle. You can gauge your vehicle's condition based on its appearance, but there are some instances where you're not sure if you can peek around the corner in your Ghost and live or just get massacred.

I like Halo 4's forge canvas maps. Combine them in a list with Halo 3's Sandbox and Halo 4's forge, and you've got endless possibilities.

Other than those aforementioned points, I agree with everything you said.

I just dont think the promethean weps were necessary. Too much overlap. The suppressor, AR, and SR are all close to the same save for slightly diff stats. Id be happier with just the AR and SR but with something to really set them apart, like making the SR slow you down while being shot by it like the plasma rifle did in 1.