New forge/firefight gametype.

gollum385

Would you like a firefight/forge gametype?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a firefight/forge gametype?

• Yea this would be awesome
    • This would be pretty good, could be better (suggestions)
    • This would be ok
    • This wouldnt be great, could be better (suggestions)
    • This would be rubbsh

Firefight is a great gametype. But if it is in halo 4, in it's third iteration, it needs to do a few different things to keep people playing it. This is one of the gametypes i have thought up for it. It is firefight/forge combined.

The point of the game is simple. The waves and rounds of firefight work as normal, but the difference is that killing enemies racks up credit for the team aswell as points for the score. This credit is then used to purchase the weapons vehicles you need. This is the basic gametype.

The bigger and more interesting gametype is the same as above, except that you start on a map with a very small (if any) base or resources at your disposal. The credit whilst being used to create weapons will also be required to create a base or structures to defend yourself from. This would be from a set pallet, and so problems such as creating chokeholds may be reduced. The scenery could also maybe be destructable, so again it stops you making a chokehold, and if there are upper levels, contain ramps and stairs. This would mean that just getting the best weapons all the time would be at the cost of somewhere to defend yourself. As the game gets harder, the decisions you made earlier in the game will also determine how successful you are. This could also be good for the generator defence, as there is the added incetive to construct structures over getting weapons as you have something to defend.

The monitor system could work by anyone becoming the monitor whenever they want (can still be attacked), during a fixed period (end of a round) or only 1 at a time. The monitors could have a splazer/sentinel beam weapon to protect themselves from too.

Things such as banshees, drones and wraiths would help ensure many of the possible tricks of the game could be avoided.

Obviously this is a very brief description, but i feel it would be an interesting perspective to play firefight from. People's opinions on the ideas, suggestions of their own and criticism is welcome.

Nice idea, at least for me, but I am that guy who likes almost evrything that is new,

Most people will thik of it as COD, though, but I liked it.

If we can have a game that has properties of others, other people will buy this game because, apart from being able to play their game, tehy get to play more.

Nice idea,

Rafter

What gametype are you thinking of from cod which this is similar to may i ask?

Oh, nothing too special (now that I think of it, I think I got this in the wrong thread, sorry :D)

Anyway, checked in other thread and couldn't find a better place to fit it in, so this must be the right place

I must have thought that:

in COD, with kills you can buy weapons and stationary stuff, and in your gametype and other (the Forge Battle), it is more or less the same.

I like both, anyway.

Nice gametypes,

Rafter

I take it you mean in black ops, where outside of games you can pay to upgrade weapons? or in nazi zombies where you pay for guns, open doors etc? I guess these ideas are similar to it, but i think saying my idea is just a cod copy requires looking into it a bit much.

My gametype is mainly about making a firetype playlist where rather than starting with everything and surviving, you start with next to nothing, and so have to carefully plan what you buy/forge to make you be able to survive, as well as the survival process, giving firefight a new and unique twist.

Thanks for the postitive voting. It is interesting to see that my other thread on forge battle (a forge/matchmaking gametype_

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=635

has alot more people disliking the idea than thi forge/firefight gametpye. Do people have ideas as to why this might be?

Do people have ideas of what they'd like to see in this gametype should it be made? Ideas on what structures should be available to the forger etc.?

a proper unlaggy version of Firefight versus

Interesting regarding building up in game credits to buy things whilst playing to use in game.

Similar to what gears 3 is doing in there new Horde 2.0 where you get 30 seconds to buy barricades/laser gates etc inbetween rounds.

That my friend could be a winner, and very interesting

Yea definately firefight versus had potential, but like many things in reach wasn't executed greatly. I also think it needs the benefit of an increased playercount. 2v2 wasn't enough.

Would be cool if this gametype could also be introduced. Both teams have ai attacking, so kind of like an all out war between the two teams, using firefight waves/round systems.

Thanks for the information, i cannot wait for gears 3, and whilst i knew they were doing a new beast mode, a feature which i was also considering making a thread on and would welcome into reach, i was unaware horde was being updated in this way. I'm not one of these people that wants halo to implement all cod features, but i'm all for a game taking the best bits from other games, and as the halo universe is so expansive, and the custom and forge options available are so great (and will hopefully get even better), i would hope that gametypes like those could also be in halo 4. Considering gears is also a microsoft game it would make sense for halo to be able to copy it :P!

Another gametype i have just thought of. Rather than be defending from waves of firefight, or defending objectives (such as generators etc), which are all great, how about a objective type mission (probably more similar to spec ops than firefight). Basically you have an objective like plant a bomb, destroy generators, capture a flag etc against ai. This could be on firefight multiplayer maps or maybe on campaign maps (would make sense to reuse them). This would be a whole new gametype which could like firefight have so many different options, from the weapons you start off with and the enemies you face to all the different objective types.

Maybe even you could have games which had ai, kind of like gears or cod customs. I don't think this should be the standard in matchmaking (ie replacing people who drop out etc) but for customs and some cool fun gametypes would definately be good.

this like my previous post are moving towards ideas for ai based gameplay, although it would be more limited than normal multiplayer, in terms of player count etc.

Would like to hear people's views on this aswell as the main topic.

Firefight is a great gametype. But if it is in halo 4, in it's third iteration, it needs to do a few different things to keep people playing it. This is one of the gametypes i have thought up for it. It is firefight/forge combined.

The point of the game is simple. The waves and rounds of firefight work as normal, but the difference is that killing enemies racks up credit for the team aswell as points for the score. This credit is then used to purchase the weapons vehicles you need. This is the basic gametype.

The bigger and more interesting gametype is the same as above, except that you start on a map with a very small (if any) base or resources at your disposal. The credit whilst being used to create weapons will also be required to create a base or structures to defend yourself from. This would be from a set pallet, and so problems such as creating chokeholds may be reduced. The scenery could also maybe be destructable, so again it stops you making a chokehold, and if there are upper levels, contain ramps and stairs. This would mean that just getting the best weapons all the time would be at the cost of somewhere to defend yourself. As the game gets harder, the decisions you made earlier in the game will also determine how successful you are. This could also be good for the generator defence, as there is the added incetive to construct structures over getting weapons as you have something to defend.

The monitor system could work by anyone becoming the monitor whenever they want (can still be attacked), during a fixed period (end of a round) or only 1 at a time. The monitors could have a splazer/sentinel beam weapon to protect themselves from too.

Things such as banshees, drones and wraiths would help ensure many of the possible tricks of the game could be avoided.

Obviously this is a very brief description, but i feel it would be an interesting perspective to play firefight from. People's opinions on the ideas, suggestions of their own and criticism is welcome.

I would want it to be more like Gears 3's Horde 2.0 gametype. They should make it where you purchase barriers, or you start with them and can pick them up and place them at places, and depending on your loadout, be able to fix certain defenses or not. Some loadouts could be mainly combat though.

• 2 weeks later...