Call of Duty:Ghosts

AnimeAddict

Since I have not gotten a chance to play it yet, Might I ask... Do the fish swim away, as were promised? And are the A.I and physics actually better considering its "New" engine?

Fish graphics sucked so I paid no attention to them. Bubbles looked 2D as well. But I was mashing through the campaign on legendary so getting insta-killed on sight might have made it a bit hard to focus on some of the finer things in life.

As for AI and Physics.....the AI are a bit better. But only because of lean around corners. It seems the AI have evolved from a game where they can't sprint to a game where they are moles. It's hilarious how they pop out of cover sideways - until they spray you due from all sides due to crap map.

Speaking of maps, whoever designed these maps needs to get a leave. He/she is far too pitiful for getting fired. Get some happy pills before you design the maps. It's basic psychology that we, as humans, have our emotions affected by the surroundings. Exactly how they expect us to have fun on maps that seem to be made from the saddest minds suffering from loss, depression and utter lack of anything that might bring a smile to our faces?

Grey. Brown. Silver. White. Brown. Pale dull green. Grey. A crappy, dirty grey ocean when you can see it. Grey skies.

What. The. Heck.

If your remember Cod: Black Ops 2, those maps were great. Sure, some map designs were pure annoying and others were a bit better, but they were FUN. Just weird things on the map you could shoot to do stuff on, a range of colors that were bright, a map around a dubstep-wubbing nightclub, a 1960's-esque futuristic town, a train that has killed me more than enough times for my parents to stop me from eating rice out of shame, those maps were fun.

Cod Ghosts features grey and brown. That's it. The first design criteria for buildings in the game must be they have at least one poop stain and must look like it just got nuked. The grass seems to always need to be a pale, ###### color. Even the one snow map, which is underneath a potentially awesome aurora, just has a pale-blue filter over everything that only reminds you of Battlefield 3.

Of the features within the maps that seems to add 'fun', the biggest things I saw was a log falling down onto something else. Apparently it's a game changer, but all it does is save 5 seconds of walking time, and it's right beside your spawn to be dropped down so the game never changes from that anyway. 

Well, that....or.......

A god damn earthquake shakes your map, and any gunfight you are having is an automatic loss as your screen lashes about like a crazed maniac and your gun blasts in all directions with the speed of lightning, rendering any possible skillful aiming to be absolutely impossible.

For a hollywood spectacle, everything in the maps look dull and sad, and the only change to them seems to be something rage inducing before you're dropped back into a near-comatose state staring at the same old grey stuff on the map as you get killed by some camper because of how badly the maps are made.

Because their design is literally a squiggly line drawn in circles over and over and over until all you have left is an inconsistent an random mess.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal opinion on Call of Duty: Ghosts

To keep the Campaign review quick, I'll just say that it's good, bit too short for my liking (Not the shortest I've played but wish it was a bit longer) and when it comes to replaying the game (I completed the game within 3 days and did some missions again for fun) but I'd wait for a few weeks. I'd give the campaign a 7/10

My main review is about the Multiplayer. I'm one of those that buys the game for this. But, I always play the campaign first just to get back into Call of Duty and of course see what the campaign is like. I've been playing COD since Call of Duty 2 and I have to say World at War and MW2 (When there were no Hacks) was one of my favorites (CoD4 will always amazing back then but not so much now). So there's my background.

These games have never failed to activate my sense of enjoyment, unless I'm playing with friends. I've loved playing alongside friends as well as on occasion complete strangers; the games were simply brilliant, engaging and drew you back. I've played the online for a total of 4 hours, yet I'm bored already.

The maps are drab, too big, confusing and the people behind the designing of these maps should re-think about their positions within Infinity Ward. The spawning is unstructured; instead of putting you with your team, you are put at random corners of the map. This causes mayhem as you have no idea if the opposition has just spawned in front, to the side, or behind you. Because of this spawning system, you are killed frequently by people sat in corners or in on the many buildings placed on each map where you can sit and wait.

I've played to a good level on all releases to date. In fact, I'm pretty descent at the game but then CoD isn't exactly that challenging it seems mostly timing and luck is at play a lot of the time. But this disintegrates that by providing heavy, clunky controls where you often find your shots going through people to no effect or falling to yet another 'camper' who is hidden in the grass (There should be a timer for those who stay in one position for too long). I have little doubt that Infinity Ward meant well, but the multiplayer as a whole is so drab and "meh" that I doubt it would do any good. I could go on and complain more about the Multiplayer but I wont but I could... but I wont.

To conclude. I'm not disappointed, but upset that I've been let down by a franchise I used to love. I played a bit of Black Ops 2 sorta near up to release of Ghosts (Sold the game because I was getting bored of that too ) but as of playing Ghosts most days like I did back on CoD4. That will absolutely not happen with Ghosts. Very poor. Buy it if you will play with friends quite often and simply just want to play for giggles but other than that, it's not worth the money and I've played it on Next Gen... it's quite a disgrace. Graphics are slightly better but on the verge of next gen it's not on par at all.