Are the books nice?

The books add a ton of backstory to the Halo universe. They fill the void that the games leave out.

It really depends on just how much you wish to explore. My personal opinion would be to purchase a few and if it holds your interest then make the decision to purchase more.

Word of advice... if available buy paperback. Same content at a fraction of the cost.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I was 10, my father, who isn't a gamer at all read the Fall of Reach. He said it was one of the best books he ever read. He described it a little, but I couldn't grasp the idea of how great it was.

I read it, then all the other books and was instantly hooked to halo OUTSIDE of the games. Fall of Reach and Ghost of Onyx are today my two favorite books.

If you are as big a fan as I am, READ IT AND YOU WILL BE SHOCKED HOW MUCH YOU'LL LEARN.

IT WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT HALO FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would recommend reading the books in order, starting with fall of reach. Halo flood, the second was okay, but you already played it in the 1st game. So it could be optional.

The best books in my opinion are fall of Reach and ghosts onyx and I would say 95% can agree with me. I would say my other favorites are the forerunner saga books, WHICH WILL BLOW YOUR MIND, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU GO BACK TO PLAY THE RECLAIMER GAMES, such as HALO 4.

Forerunner saga includes: Cryptum, Primordian, and then Silentium.

Start with: Fall of Reach, then Flood (unless you played the game, it can be optional - an okay book, but not the best), the FIRST STRIKE, than Ghosts of Onyx.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...