Massive Loss of XP (bug?)

TheA1f

I can't find any  "support" forums for the game, so this seemed like the most suitable place to post this.

I was at rank 69, with around 1000 points needed to hit 70 and a new specialization. I played a single game, unlocked both the monthly challenge (for 20,000 points) and Pistol Master commendation (7500 points). I rank up, and lost ALL but 1000 points of that as the points apparently don't carry over when hitting the final rank of a specialization. Needless to say I'm pretty angry about that and think it needs changed. I put 100+ games into the monthly challenge for it all to be wasted, not to mention the amount of hours put into the pistol commendation. If it's possible, and the relevant people from 343 read this, I would ask for these points refunded so I can continue to play the game without the constant sense of being screwed. I don't think I can face playing the game again until that happens :(

I haven't purchased it. Like I said, it simply doesn't carry over the xp. I got the 1000ish needed to finish the rank, then i had to pick a new specialization, which sets you rank to 70, but looses all the left over XP. Doesnt sound like a big deal when its just a couple thousand from a game, but nearly 30,000 from challenges i cant re-complete...

I can't find any  "support" forums for the game, so this seemed like the most suitable place to post this.

I was at rank 69, with around 1000 points needed to hit 70 and a new specialization. I played a single game, unlocked both the monthly challenge (for 20,000 points) and Pistol Master commendation (7500 points). I rank up, and lost ALL but 1000 points of that as the points apparently don't carry over when hitting the final rank of a specialization. Needless to say I'm pretty angry about that and think it needs changed. I put 100+ games into the monthly challenge for it all to be wasted, not to mention the amount of hours put into the pistol commendation. If it's possible, and the relevant people from 343 read this, I would ask for these points refunded so I can continue to play the game without the constant sense of being screwed. I don't think I can face playing the game again until that happens :(

the points needed to rank up from X9 (59, 69, 79, 89, 99, 109, and 119) is used to fill up the bar. even if you choose the next specialization, the remaining earned xp doesnt carry over, although once i thought it did, but all selecting a new specialization just adds 2 levels (except when you reach 130)

having any dlc does not change this

my advice: try not to earn too much xp when your almost done with the specialization, because once you choose it, you can then go get more  :thumbsup: