Poll: Scarabs

TyranicSlayer

Scarabs. This is what I and almost everyone misses the most out of halo 3. The covenant, mission was voted the best mission in all halos. Do you know why? hornets and Scarabs! Two Scarabs! Scarabs were the most challenging and fun enemies to take down. You don't have to make them drivable or anything. Just leave them just like in halo 3 and maybe add some elites working controls to make it more realistic.

I don't think the Scarabs were the main reason behind 'The Covenant's popularity. This was a level with all available forms of vehicular combat, brilliant map design and aesthetics, and put an end to the Covenant in a personal way. The writing of this level was laced with action, energy, sacrifice, retribution, and that special something that makes Halo one of the best game franchises in our generation. It was properly paced into memorable segments, including the one moment in Halo's history where Master Chief had to simultaneously face two Scarabs, as well as form a temporary truce with the Gravemind. It was also the first campaign level in which you could pilot the Hornet. I agree that Scarab fights are an interesting situation and epic encounters are bound when facing them, but there are many other reasons (some more pressing than the Scarabs guarding the Citadel) that made this mission great. As for what we miss the most from H3, we all have our favorites. Personally, I loved the combat against Brutes and the inclusion of their arms and vehicles into the multiplayer. Such a shame that they aren't in Halo 4, but there's still hope for the future.

• Like 1

I also want the Brutes to make a return. In my experience in Reach Firefight, they seem a bit sluggish. That doesn't necessarily make them boring to fight. Scarabs, gotta' love them. Once they appear you just know an epic battle will ensue. I would personally like to see drivable Scarabs. Maybe 343 could add a mission where you drive the Mammoth and battle a Scarab. I would love to see more vehicles that can be driven by the player, such as the Lich, Scarab, Pelican, or the Mammoth. Again, I really want the Brutes back.

The Scarabs should absolutely return. The lich was kind of similar, but the battle wasn't executed very well. We could've had a UNSC aircraft in the mission, and have an epic fight, but maybe next time then. A battle with a Lich could be really fun, but Scarabs are just classic. I want both. Hopefully they'll be in Halo 5 (or "Halo Xbox One").