Invasion Improved

I<3Grunts

Hello people i have always loved halo reach's Invasion Gametype and was very disappointing in it not being included in halo 4, but why not in halo 5?

First of all there should be different organisations attacking then just UNSC and Covenant, like prometheans, brutes, and Storm!

Also not just elites vs spartans, but also Grunts, Jackals, Hunters, Drones, Crawlers, Marines, ODSTs, Drones, and Skirmishers! heres how each species/trooper would be arranged within organizations:

• UNSC: Marines, ODSTs, Spartans, and Flame Marines.
  • Covie Sep.: Grunts, Drones, Elites, and Hunters.
  • Storm: Grunts, Jackals, Elites, and Hunters.
  • Brutes: Skirmishers, Brutes, and Gold Hunters.
  • Prometheans: Crawlers, Watchers, Knights, and Super Knights.

And you start by being deployed by drop pods and Drop ships.

Here, take a look at my idea and tell me what you think.

Alright, this is basically a fusion of Firefight and invasion.

It has two teams, Attackers and Defenders.

It is a large AI and Player vs AI and Player

Each round is broken up to five seven minute phases. During these phases, the attackers must complete the objective to advance the phase. Defenders must eliminate all enemy AI and deplete the players attacking players lives or survive until times up.

Certain maps have unique support that can aid or hinder a side.

Attackers: They must complete a series of objectives allowing their AI allies to advance. Three times during a phase, attackers will recive AI reinforcements at 5:00, 3:00 and 1:00. Upon completion of a objective, a resupply and extra reinforcements are provided. The defenders get tougher however. AI allies will treat enemy players as priority targets and will not be able to complete objectives. Attackers recive extra lives after completeing objectives.

Defenders: Their objective is to eliminate all enemy AI and Players or survive the time limit. They recive reinforcements only after an objective has been lost and will have a superior poistion to attackers. AI will prioritise defending the objective.

It's a covie vs UNSC gametype.

AI list:
Phase 1:
Grunts(Plasma pistol and needlers.)
Jackels(Plasma pistols, needlers and carbines.)
Ghosts.
Elite minors.

Human Miltia: (SMG's and Magnums.)
Troopers:(AR's, SMG's and Magnums.)
Mongeese.

Phase 2:
Grunts(Needlers)
Jackels(Needlers and Carbines)
Ghosts, Revenants.
Elite minors and Majors.

Troopers(AR's)
Marines(AR's and DMR's)
Warthhogs and Mongeese.

Phase 3:
Grunt Majors(Needlers)
Jackel Majors:(Needlers)
Jackel Snipers(Beam rifle, Carbines.)
Ghosts, Revenants and Spectres.
Elite Majors and Rangers.

Marines(AR's and DMR's)
ONI Recon(Snipers and DMR's)
Warthhogs(Rocket and Gun)
Mongeese.

Phase 4:
Grunt Ultras(Needlers and Fuel rod cannons.)
Jackel Majors(Needlers.)
Jackel Snipers(Beam rifle)
Ghosts, Revenants, Wraiths, Spectres and Phantom gunships.
Elite Ultras and Spec ops.(Swords, Concussion rifle, Plasma rifle.)
Hunters.

ODSTs(Shotguns, BR, SAW, Snipers, Rocket launcher.)
Spartan IV's(SAW, Railgun, Grenade launcher, Rocket laucher, BR, Shotguns.)
Warthogs(Gauss, Rocket and Gun.)
Rocket mongeese

Phase 5:
Grunt Ultras:(Fuel rod, Plasma launchers and Needlers.)
Suicide grunts.
Jackel Snipers(Beam rifle)
Ghosts, Revenants, wraiths, Phantom gunships, Banshees.
Elite Ultras and Generals(Plasma cannon, plasma launcher, fuel rod gun, sword, duel needlers.)

ODST Heroes:(SAWs, Snipers, Rockets, Spartan Lasers.)
Spartan IV Heroes:(Random UNSC weapon.)
All 'Hogs, Scorpions, Pelican gunship and Falcon.

Objective types:

Capture area: Stay in the area for a certain amount of time to capture it.

Destroy target: Eliminate an enemy target(AI will not damage it.)

Eliminate Officer: Kill a super-tough enemy officer(Shipmaster or Sergeant major).

Assualt strong point: Kill a number of enemy AI in the area.

Plant bomb: Arm and defend a bomb in the area.

Destroy support: Eliminate an enemy gunship(Pelican gunship or Phantom gunship).

Variants:
Firefight: Defend against the enemy horde until you run out of lives.

Field of Glory: No objectives, Kill the enemy.

Assualt: A 4 man team must storm the guns of the enemy defenses and complete objectives with no support.

Defend: Protect a series of generators against the AI enemys.

What the ladies like: No infantry, No air, No support. A clash of steel in this vehicle only mode.

You will be able to edit the support options for custom games on an indivdual basis.

UNSC Support:

ODSTs: A squad of ODSTs will drop down at random to support allies.

Longsword superiorty: Longsword fighters will keep skies clear of enemy threats.

Frigate: A frigate will be on standby near the battlefield and occaisonally bombard the enemy positions.

Spartan IV team: Spartan IVs will be deployed by a pelican at random.

Rocket Pelicans: Pelicans will make a sweep of the battlefield with rocket pods.

Target locater: A target locater is provided to allow troops to designate orbital strikes.

Covenant support:

Spec ops: A spec ops team will appear cloaked behind enemy lines to inflict casualites.

Wraith bombardment: Wraiths will bombard enemy units in range.

Corvette support: A Corvette will bombard enemy held poistions.

Zealots: Elite Zealots will drop from orbital insertion pods to inspire troops.

Engineers: Engineers will boost friendly units with shielding.

Scarab: A single Scarab is dropped from orbit and will remain on the battlefield until destroyed.

AA Guns: AA guns are deployed to shoot down UNSC aircraft.

All modes are playable as either covenant or UNSC.

• Like 2

This all sounds Really cool, I miss Invasion, and it'd be great to have it back with new features. I doubt that we'll have AI with us in multiplayer, but hey, I didn't expect Flood to have actual zombies instead of green spartans. It might happen.

I've also toyed around with this idea. However, I'd like to see it as a Matchmaking gametype, rather than something like Firefight and without AI, since the AI in Halo would detract from the fun of such a concept, in my opinion. I had thought of it in this format: 2 teams (one team of Spartan-IVs, one team of various Covenant and/or Prometheans), typically the Spartans defend an objective (preventing its capture or destruction) while the other team uses the various forms of Covenant infantry to attack. Similarly to how ordinance is accounted for, the Covenant team players earn points to spend on higher-level forms, like Promethean Knights, Brute Chieftains, Zealots, Hunters, etc. This way, you will generally have a majority of lower species, like Grunts, Jackals, and Crawlers. Each race has a set arsenal (some have different types, like Grunts with Fuel Rod Cannons), while the Spartans can use dropped weapons as well as firearms already supplied to them/called down via ordinance. Here's a brief idea of different Covenant/Promethean classes:

1. (Suicide) Grunt- cannon fodder, armed with Needlers or Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades. Can choose to detonate their methane tanks, causing damage to enemy forces, objective, and fortifications (automated turrets, etc...)

2. Jackal- armed with Covenant Carbine or Plasma Pistol and Jackal Shield (which can be picked up by Spartans, like the S-IIIs did in Ghosts of Onyx), also has a variant for having no Shield and only a Beam Rifle or Focus Rifle.

3. Brute Minor- power armor, armed with new Spike Rifle (similar to Retro Lancer from Gears of War), Spike Grenades, and can go berserk (increases melee damage and movement speed, as well as resilience).

A good way to expand on this would be a "loadout list" type of menu where you choose what species you want, then can pick different variants (with different costs of points, of course). Then again, it might be better for gameplay reasons to keep it simplified, but game testing would be needed to determine that.