FireFight 3.0!

SilentCO1

Hey 343i! So I was just watching the Horde 2.0 briefing for Gears 3, and thought, why aren't there any defenses in Halo FF? Wait... we're not defending anything at all...

This is the problem with FF, it's fun at first, but it gets boring. Why? You just slaughter the Covenant with Power Weapons. Nobody even uses the normal weapons like an AR, DR, PR, etc... We need something to defend. And less power weapons.

So, I was thinking, for specific maps, there would be strategic layouts of where to set up your defenses. There could be several places to set up. You could set up inside, outside, in a cave, whatever the map offers. Maybe even on the beach, if that's the setting of the map. So, you set up there, and you suddenly have all these options to build defenses. You could build AA guns (Slow or even stop more Covenant reinforcements from coming), Plasma Barriers (Slows and hurts enemies), Marine decoy with bombs strapped around it (Self explanatory), Vehicle Hangar maybe? (Vehicles would spawn here), call weapon drops or do side achievements to get them (how you get power weapons, but limited ammo), and you could do some other defenses, maybe even call in Marines. It would be made so it still has that Halo feel to it.

Also, there would be stronger enemies, ranging from Grunts to Gravemind (Or whatever is the weakest, and worthless enemy in the game, to the strongest that would be like bosses). New enemies would have to be made, like Forerunners if they're included in the game to add more variety during the fights.

There could also be something similar to Gears 3's Beast mode, where you play as the Covenant, and whatever other enemies you fight in regular Firefight 3.0. It wouldn't involve bosses though. It would start with something like grunts and jackals. The next tier could be skirmishers and something else that's okay in strength. Next tier would be something like brutes. Next would be Elites and such. It would end with Hunters and some other extremely tough units, maybe you can play as forerunners and/or the flood. Everyone would love this kind of mode, as they do in Gears.

Tell me if there's anything else you think should be added and your thoughts on this. Thanks! :D

Nice idea,

For me, all new ideas are good and should be feature in-game, and I think that your idea is very good, obviously people should be able to choose between the type of firefight they want, although I would definitely play this.

All new ideas are welcome,

Rafter