ADS?

ForgeMonitor

For those of you who don't know, ADS stands for Aim Down Sights. Halo doesn't use this, but I think ADS should apply to weapons like the Assault Rifle, SMG, Shotgun, and Suppressor. Weapons with scopes such as the Battle Rifle or Magnum would not be affected. The ADS would decrease recoil and increase accuracy; unlike in games like CoD, aim assist would not be enhanced. ADS would make game-play more realistic and tactical.

No. The neural implants/visors of marines, ODST's and SPARTANs show the targeting reticule on the users vision, negating the need for iron sights. If scoped automatic weapons come in, we get head shot ARs, follow that road to where it leads. AR, SMG, SAW, etc do not need sights

The ADS wouldn't allow headshots for automatic weapons. Even though they have visors and implants, I'm sure that ODSTs and Spartans would hold their weapon differently to control the recoil, as opposed to firing from the hip. The automatic weapons would not be given sights or scopes; they would just be held differently when the player zooms in.

It wouldn't work with Halo. Spartans are designed for combat on-the-move, not aiming down the sights to aim better, which slows you down. The 5x visor is also one of my favourite things for recon and scouting. ADS just won't work with Halo.

• Like 1