Halo waypoints stats inaccurate

Jerry

Im going straight to the point, I have one kill with the DMR according to www.halowaypoint.com, but I do not have any DMR kills according to the commendations and I know clearly that I have not killed with it a single time in matchmaking nor custom games, campaign or spops.

So im just wondering can you trust the rest of the stats that halo waypoint says?

You also frequently get a different K/D calculation from different sources, so if you do the math yourself you'll get up to two different K/Ds from waypoint and also in-game.

I don't know exactly why but I suspect much of the time it's due to the different speeds and times at which the information is grabbed. Also one source might consider certain games illegitimate or otherwise use more samples than another source. As for why you have 1 DMR kill on waypoint and otherwise, I don't really have any idea unless that particular engine reads its numbers as beginning at 1 or beginning at 0. Remember also that all of this information has to go over the internet, which fails pretty often in games, so why wouldn't it fail when it's telling waypoint your stats?

For me most of those questions are secondary to this one: Why do you care? It's 1 DMR kill, will your family disown you for it?

Here is some information I've gathered personally which may be very helpful for you: Stat-tracking systems are frequently unreliable and often extremely unstable. The "Unstable" is much more consistent in my experience, multiple stat-tracking sites I've seen crash or fail in one way or another all the time. I can't explain why, I don't have the technical comprehension to understand it myself, but I know for certain that I've seen web programmers stuggle endlessly with stat grabbers. I assume the programs that do it end up being pretty large and complex so it's easy to overlook code flaws and harder to find them. This may relax your concerns a little, or at least allow you to forgive their errors.

Watch a few stat-tracking sites for a bit and you'll notice entire branches of them fail and frequently they kill the sites which host them. It's pretty common.

Edited by Bloody Initiate

How the hell do you have no DMR kills is the real question here.

Thats not the point here but if you must know, its like Cassi said, I dont like it, and its a silent protest against it by not using it. 

Anyway, Thanks for the answer Bloody Initiate, though your explenation went beyond my understanding, I think i can live with just having one DMR kill, atleast as long as its not more than one im cool with it.

Thats not the point here but if you must know, its like Cassi said, I dont like it, and its a silent protest against it by not using it. 

Anyway, Thanks for the answer Bloody Initiate, though your explenation went beyond my understanding, I think i can live with just having one DMR kill, atleast as long as its not more than one im cool with it.

To simplify my post: I believe most stat-tracking systems tend to be large and unwieldly, there are lots of ways for things to go wrong and such things often DO go wrong.

• Like 1