Banned from Voice online for One Week. RefL 1200435555.

Ben McPhee

I logged into Halo 4 just now and found out I'd been banned for a week. This was after 4 or 5 hours of play yesterday with no headset plugged in. Not only that, but even if it were, I wasn't talking, and wasn't abusive. I may have dropped a general F bomb once, but again... no mic. What happened?

How do I get this ban overturned? XBox live confirmed it is limed to Halo 4 only, and gave me the following reference number: 1200435555.

Is there a support email I should be using? I'd post my email, but don't want to get spammed. Gamertag is BenjiKillsIt.

Sometimes the bans for the mentioned reasons are not enacted at the time of the infraction. Some bans may take time to implement if they are based off of a series of complaints. I am not implying anything here, but it has been stated XBL is enforcing a more strict policy on sexist comments and other types of harassment that have gone unpunished before. Foul language is no longer the singular reason for a mute ban.

You may ask if friends can simply 'unmute' you for in game chat. If not possible, you should attempt to contact XBOX.com, select that word in cyan, and fill out a contact form and request a call back or online chat to resolve your issue.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. But I can honestly say I've never been sexist, or abusive in any way while chatting. In fact, I've only ever chatted twice. Like... ever.

I don't lose my temper when I die, and the worst I ever did was maybe an F bomb to myself. And 99% sure, never with a mic connected. I do have a Kinect. Is that thing picking up sound and broadcasting it as if it was chat or something? (Not worried about swearing, but I do like to turn the sound up when I play halo. But if that's the reason, I'll be pretty annoyed. That doesn't deserve a ban.

And I already did contact Xbox support. They were the ones who gave me the reference number in the subject. The ban came from 343, not Xbox, and Halo 4 (Possibly all Halo's?) are the only games I'm banned in, so it's up to 343 to remove the ban.

However all they said was post in the forums with the reference number. They didn't say which (Actually, they said it didn't matter). Can anyone here help me and remove the ban?

My friend has been voice banned a couple times and we assume it's because multiple people have muted you throughout the game.

It could of just been that one team will mute the other team (you being on the other team) and if that happens enough, you'll end up getting voice banned. :/

I've never been voice banned and don't understand the reasons for getting a voice ban.

"Dropping an F-bomb".

This makes you sound actively aggressive once using a headset; if you do trash-talk a lot, there is a simple reason you can't argue with.