BROKEN LIGHTING FIXED! THANK YOU 343!

Creative Gaming Inc.

So it seems that today's update has fixed the broken dynamic lighting. I went into my most recent map WIP today, where the dynamic lighting had broken not long into production. However, I noticed that all the pieces were consistently lit rather than some being brown and some being green like before. Now I've used about 3/4 of my budget and I still haven't experienced any lighting problems since yesterday.

It seems like 343 is finally truly walking in BUNGiE's steps and listening to the fans and delivering. Thank you 343 for this patch! This opens up a whole new world of opportunity for us Forgers. And to any moderators seeing this, I apologize fore my rash behavior regarding the matter prior to the patch.

Thank you 343!

• Like 1

The lighting hasn't been fixed. From your description, it sounds like you're forging on Erosion, which is the easiest map to pull off broken lighting. It's possible that they altered the stages of dynamic lighting to make everything look uniform when broken. Try switching back and forth between player mode and editing mode. If it doesn't give you the "generating lighting" message, then your lighting is still broken. If you do get the message, I don't know what to tell you. All I know is that fixing the broken lighting wasn't something that was put into the title update.

It did say "Generating Lighting", though I should note that it still doesn't have as good effects as when you're below lighting budget, IE, the green light is still coming through in places where it probably shouldn't. It seems that the more you use, the lesser effect the dynamic lighting has.

It did say "Generating Lighting", though I should note that it still doesn't have as good effects as when you're below lighting budget, IE, the green light is still coming through in places where it probably shouldn't. It seems that the more you use, the lesser effect the dynamic lighting has.

Not true. The lighting is either intact, or broken. There are two stages of broken dynamic lighting though. Stage 1 is where the shadows only render within a certain radius of the player. Stage 2 is when there are no shadows at all.

The green glow is something that naturally happens near the water on Erosion. There are still certain aspects of lighting that can't be changed, the green light being one. Remember how "shadows" worked on Reach? The entire piece would have a certain shading depending on where it was in the canvas, despite any other pieces around it. The same rules apply with a few areas in the Halo 4 canvases, the water on Erosion being one of them.

• Like 1

Not true. The lighting is either intact, or broken. There are two stages of broken dynamic lighting though. Stage 1 is where the shadows only render within a certain radius of the player. Stage 2 is when there are no shadows at all.

The green glow is something that naturally happens near the water on Erosion. There are still certain aspects of lighting that can't be changed, the green light being one. Remember how "shadows" worked on Reach? The entire piece would have a certain shading depending on where it was in the canvas, despite any other pieces around it. The same rules apply with a few areas in the Halo 4 canvases, the water on Erosion being one of them.

Which is what it was like before, now there's still a green glow in most places, but not all. I'll let you know when I upload the map so you can see for yourself.

The TU did fix the lighting problem. I had various abandonded projects on impact due to it. Some with the big shadow until you get close and others that were broken completely. After the TU i went to check and it generated the lighting. I slapped down the worst possible pieces until the budget was full and it still generated the lighting. Casting shadows from and onto all pieces.

As for parts looking red-blue-green in certain places, i still have this problem.