Matchmaking Muting Everyone when unanted

trexdrew

Okay, so this weekend I was playing a lot of Halo 4 and there were times when I actually wanted to team chat with the rest of my team so as to maybe strategize a plan of attack for the game type. I noticed that anytime a match loaded up, everyone was muted even when I didn't want them to be. So I went into the Spartan Hub>Audio/Video> and then looked for ways to Unmute people to no avail. So I tampered around with the top to toggle options to mute/unmute either All Players or Team and Party. this didn't solve my issue. So I went to the second option (can't remember waht it's called but it's the one right below what I just said) and toggled around with that and it didn't work either. So I went to the Player's little card when the match loads and attempted to Unkute them the old fashioned way like in Halo 3. The Umute option had a lock symbol on it and didn't let me click it or anything. So what's the problem here? Howcome I can't unmute anyone including members of my own team if I actually want to listen to them and talk. Given that ost of the time I don't want to listen to newbs with their 8 year old voices yelling about how awesome they just killed me by using Promethian Vision>Camping around the corner>and then slashing me with the sword. (although I do love Vision for small maps such as Haven but I don't use it like a newb). Someone please help! Also I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, I did search for a "Tips/Help" section and there wasn't one so again, advance apologies.

Cannot say I have ever experienced this, I assume it must be something in your settings though it seems you have checked all that I could have mentioned.

If its a glitch of some sort the best place to bring it up would be the waypoint forums as you may get help from 343 directly there.

Best of luck .

• 2 weeks later...