Bungie & Activison's 10 Year Contract Deal (Absolute Dog Wanted Me to Bring This Up)

Fatal Crysis

I want to bring up this as a discussion for you guys and us as a community for your thoughts, opinions, statements etc about the future of gaming and gaming companies like Activison and Bunige. We had a great discussion and conversation about the contract deal between Activison and Bungie for 10 years they are under in last weekend's custom game night on Friday evening. If you some of you are or not aware the bottom line is that it's been 4 years now since Bungie and Activison signed a contract together for 10 years as both of one of the biggest gaming companies out their in the market. What the contract states that " It gives Activision exclusive rights to publish the games, and Bungie retains all rights to the intellectual property."-USAToday.com

If your also reading the news lately on current gaming trends or just news in general some of you may or may not heard of Bungie's in development video game aside from what we all know from the Halo Franchise as Bungie's game "Destiny". Now we have seen some screenshots and some know little information about the game but in the contract between Activision and Bungie and quoted from the Los Angeles Times from May 21st, 2012 it states that

" The 27-page agreement calls for Bungie to develop four "sci-fantasy, action shooter games," code-named "Destiny," released every other year, beginning in the fall of 2013. Bungie also agreed to put out four downloadable expansion packs code-named "Comet," every other year beginning in the fall of 2014. Activision has never disclosed release plans for Bungie's titles.The first Destiny game will initially only be available on Microsoft's Xbox 360 consoles, as well as its potential successor, which the contract refers to as the "Xbox 720." Later games would be made for Xbox consoles as well as Sony Corp.'s expected successor to the PlayStation 3, and on personal computers. Bungie would be entitled to royalties ranging from 20% to 35% of "operating income," the amount left over after Activision deducts its costs, including development, production and marketing expenses. Under the contract, which may have been amended since it went into effect on April 16, 2010, Activision would also pay Bungie $2.5 million a year in bonuses between 2010 and 2013 if the Bellevue, Wash., studio meets certain quality and budget milestones. Bungie gets another $2.5 million if the first Destiny game achieves a score of 90 or better out of 100 on GameRankings.com, a site that summarizes reviews by game critics."- Los Angeles Times.com

We need to come and realize that so much has changed from four years ago and how the future of gaming is developing and changing rapidly and what is going behind the scenes it too. So with us as a community and myself I want everyone's in take on this and how is going to change from what we loved for all these years known as "Halo" to other projects that Activision and Bungie has stated and is working on. If I missed anything in this thread of topic, please message me or reply back on here and I would take the time to read each and everyone single of your guys' posts. We need to start thinking and act now in how this going to change for long and short term effects because we are Halo community and something like this needs to be bring up and discussed about. Constructive criticism and intake would be much appreciated guys and Absolute Dog wanted me to bring this up as a general dissucion posts and let me know what you guys think! Thanks guys for the time reading this.

-Fatal Crysis

Sources:

http://content.usato.../1#.UQB1sfLjOSo

http://www.latimes.c...0,3463781.story

Full Contract Here:

http://documents.lat...ision-contract/

• Like 2

Hmmm well ultimately it is up to the companies to put out an outstanding product. Those two companies together could make some extremely good things occur. I keep my eye on them however I am not looking for anything in particular. I am sure that they will design what they feel is awesome and we shall see the result. Thats all I really can do at this point. The bonus info though is interesting. I dont like seeing a bonus hinging on a critic site.