changes to pulse

NAMUH38

I was thinking about that grenade. it's just not all that useful, personally, unless I take explosives and grenadier.

what if it teleported you instead?

I'd be much happier only getting one if those without relying on other loadout slots. I realize that could lead to problems when used with explosives, so perhaps allow it to teleport another spartan within a meter of its user

I heard they toyed with a teleportation AA in development. I think the main thing the pulse grenade needs is for the player to start with 2 instead of 1. Why on earth they made you start with just 1 baffles me, add it to the long list of decisions that 343 made which were soooo stupid you actually don't believe them until you've tested it yourself multiple times.

Wow. Somehow I completely forgot about the pulse grenade and thought that this thread was about the Gungnir PULSE armor. I clicked on the thread thinking "Really, we need to start changing armor now?". Talk about being stupid.

Anyway, I don't like the idea of the grenade teleporting the user. That would get really annoying and it'd be like armor lock all over again, but worse because you can't even finish the guy off afterwards anymore (because he's just gone). I don't like the idea of being able to teleport teammates either because I don't want some jackass pulling me away for no reason.

I think the main thing the pulse grenade needs is for the player to start with 2 instead of 1. Why on earth they made you start with just 1 baffles me, add it to the long list of decisions that 343 made which were soooo stupid you actually don't believe them until you've tested it yourself multiple times.

I've never even used the pulse grenades so I had no idea that you only started with one. I don't see the point in that.

I think that 343i implemented Pulse Grenades while developing the game because they needed a grenade that did wonders to force opponents out of cover but didn't necessarily have a massive amount of killing power. In all my time playing Halo 4 I do not recall ever being killed by a Pulse Grenade, but I can recollect times where I was forced out in the open for an easy kill by the enemy.

I have killed with and have been killed by Pulse grenades, they are definitely a more specialized weapon. The biggest advantages to them is they don't bounce or fall at all and they have a very fast fuse time. The result is you can place them almost anywhere within throwing distance and their initial detonation will occur immediately and knock off the shields of anyone within their blast area.

The problem is they are plainly visible, you have to risk the time of the throw animation to throw one (They're a quick-attack kind of grenade, but simply using a grenade requires a moment without firing your weapon), and they are really ONLY good for knocking shields off. The split-second advantage you gain you almost completely lose, AND you only start with 1. 343 crippled these grenades with that call, hopefully they'll fix it in an update because presently selecting pulse grenades in your loadout is just a bad idea.

I don't usually get many kills with the pulse grenades, but there are may effective uses for them. You can trap people places and clean up kills, or on another hand, you can block people from getting power weapons with them. It's pretty effective for those things.