Landslide (Halo 3's Avalanche)

Digital Limit

Landslide

by Digital Limit

Supports Infinity Slayer and Capture the Flag, up to 16 players.

Download Landslide by searching for my File Share by gamertag: Digital Limit

Cf5tvh.jpg

pbx1dh.jpg

2OzOYh.jpg

L4Tqhh.jpg

More images in the gallery, here.

Landslide was in large part a labor of love as Avalanche from Halo 3 has always been my favorite map in Halo's history. It is far from a remake given the limitations of Forge, but Ravine was a surprisingly convenient template for a map of this massive scale. I doubt it's of matching size to its progenitor, but Landslide tries its best.

All of the distinctly power weapon drops from Avalanche are here in the form of static Global Ordnance—waypoints galore. Outside of the Railgun standing in for the Brute Shot (Concussion Rifle or SAW, a better choice?), your favorite tools of destruction like the Spartan Laser, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle and Shotgun are all present.

Vehicles were a more difficult inclusion with the absence of the Hornet and the apparent strength of the Scorpion—I fear that the Scorpion may be too dominant for this map. As a compromise to these issues, I have included the Wraith, Mantis and Banshee. I would love feedback on this decision, and whether or not you think the Scorpion has a place in Landslide. It's also important to note: there is a soft kill zone leading to a hard kill zone over the middle section of Landslide, so Banshees are still relegated to the classic horseshoe flow found in Avalanche.

Weapon and vehicle resupply times were ripped from Halo 3. These times are significantly lower than the Halo 4 numbers, so I would love feedback on them as well.

Thank you—everyone—for checking it out!

Credit as always to Shacker for inspiration.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...