Does anyone else have a problem with certain weapons' " feel" ??

Jaxson

First off it is kind of weird to talk about weapon "feel" in a video game, but I would argue that different weapons most definitely have a different feel when firing them.

It's kind of hard to explain, but the shotgun in Halo 1 "feels" different then the shotgun in Halo 2 for instance. Personally I really loved the feel of Halo 1 weapons and was really disappointed when Halo 2 came out and I was double wielding SMG's and felt like I was shooting two airsoft guns..

Does anyone on this forum "get" what I am saying about the "feel" of the shooting characteristics of the guns. As far as Halo 4 goes, one glaring difference in "feel" is the turrets both stationary and on the warthog. In past Halo's when you were shooting the turret, you felt like you had a "heavy" gun expelling heavy ammunition, Halo 4 turrets feel super "light" and almost weak. I know it probably kills just as efficiently, but the satisfaction of firing the weapon for me is not as great as its been in past Halo's.

I really like Halo 4, and will be playing it until the next Halo comes out, but developers need to start focusing on weapon feel more, we are not playing pati-cake airsoft, we are elite warriors throwing heavy metal at each other and it should "feel" like that!

The railgun. It feels like the absolute weakest power weapon in the game, partially because of its amazing inaccuracy. Add the slow reload, and I feel like an idiot when I try to use it. Can't hit things from a long distance, get killed too quickly by DMR fire in middle-distance fights, and absolutely no chance in close combat.

Yes, I'm aware that the railgun may be intended to just act like a baby spartan laser. But it feels like the baby is still in the womb. Even against vehicles, which you would expect it to have some advantage over, it is really weak. Because it is hard to hit with it, fast moving vehicles are protected against it. The mantis will laugh of railgun hits (along with tanks), and I'm not sure a railgun shot will even kill a ghost.

Now, I'm sure someone is an absolute master at the weapon and can easily kill anything with it. But whenever I use it, I get no kills and die because it feels so weak. It feels like it requires no-scope sniping levels of accuracy to get a hit, and frankly it isn't significantly better than even a DMR or BR. You get one shot to kill your target, and if you miss they will kill you before you get another.