I really HATE the current button layouts...

EvoSigma

Firstly, I want to state that I love this game although I some issues. However, I really like to judge a game through the fluidity of its controls and the ability to customize a few options. In halo 4, I simply hate the current preset button layouts.

Firstly, the default button layout feels so... unintuitive (if that's even a word). I'm going to use this example as most halo players will use it (as far as I can tell, which may be incorrect). I think 343 is trying to stick a Cod-esque layout which confuses me quite a bit. I didn't like the default set up in reach so I went with recon as it was the closeset thing in halo 3 which I greatly enjoyed.

The problem with default:

post-49503-0-62550800-1354169449.jpg

You stick crouch on the B button which almost requires it to be a toggle-crouch which I don't especially enjoy doing... If you essentially don't stick it to toggle crouch you lose your ability to look around and lose any sense of awareness. This is a minor annoyance of mine which may seem meaningless to some of you but I really find crouch to be pretty important (as ridiculous as it sounds).

The problem with recon:

post-49503-0-76759800-1354169469.jpg

As with default, there is a problem with sticking your sprint (which is a HUGE necessity) on the X button. Again, this takes away your ability to look around in the least unless you have two thumbs on your hand... I see such a simple alternative to this... Simply swap reload and sprint. It's such a simple fix... What is the advantage of having sprint on the X button? Why? Why would anyone like this? Why would anyone choose this logically?

Every other layout seems like some kind of rip off from the CoD controls which I have no interest in because I want to play Halo....

I might be in the minority on this (which may very well be the case) but I had some trouble adjusting to the button layouts. I doubt 343 will ever see this and this will probably be buried in the multitutde of threads complaining about the AR and the boltshot but please... Consider at least considering what I said...