Cheaters in matchmaking?

Neo6

Normally didn't see alot of em since Halo 2 but i just 2-3 games and there was something really wierd going on. One guy of the enemy team did not lose his shield from grenade blasts no matter where he stood in it.

Then there was some other guy with a DMR in the next game that took 50% of my shield per shot, he literally killed me in 3 hits beeing 2 on the shield and 1 headshot.

Game 3 there was another wierd player which soaked 15 BR bullets with shields down. I was in full shields so wanted to just check how many bodyshots was required, i doubt it's 15...

Not sure if it's lag or whatever (seen it alot lately) but something is wierd, really wierd :/

Edit: Did 2-3 more games and everything was fine until i got "sniped" by an assault rifle across haven ... :/

Edit 2: One of these dmr 3 hit guys were lagging somehow which made his DMR fire in 2-3 shot bursts, exploit?

Edit 3: Another 2-3 good games and then i ran into some guy which my shots from the BR wouldnt register in the killcam. I shot 5 bursts at him and and in the killcam he was 10 feet to the right..

Did you go back and review the videos on those to confirm your suspicions? More than likely lag...

What I do have some concerns with cheating in this game since the reticle blooms are so shallow, especially on the DMR, is people using modded controllers. You know, ones that have the ability to rapid fire? You can get them on Ebay pretty easily, and I guess they aren't very hard to mod yourself if you have some basic electronic skills and a soldering iron. This was a BIG problem in Halo 3 since reticle bloom did not exist then. It was partially one of the reasons reticle bloom was introduced in Reach.

Keep an eye out for this and post if you see it.

• Like 1

This sounds exactly like lag. The killcam will always be a little bit off because your connection is not synched to the same speed as the opponents 9 times out of 10. Therefore when you see his kill cam It will look wacky to you, but looks normal to him.

Normally didn't see alot of em since Halo 2 but i just 2-3 games and there was something really wierd going on. One guy of the enemy team did not lose his shield from grenade blasts no matter where he stood in it.

Then there was some other guy with a DMR in the next game that took 50% of my shield per shot, he literally killed me in 3 hits beeing 2 on the shield and 1 headshot.

Game 3 there was another wierd player which soaked 15 BR bullets with shields down. I was in full shields so wanted to just check how many bodyshots was required, i doubt it's 15...

Not sure if it's lag or whatever (seen it alot lately) but something is wierd, really wierd :/

Edit: Did 2-3 more games and everything was fine until i got "sniped" by an assault rifle across haven ... :/

Edit 2: One of these dmr 3 hit guys were lagging somehow which made his DMR fire in 2-3 shot bursts, exploit?

Edit 3: Another 2-3 good games and then i ran into some guy which my shots from the BR wouldnt register in the killcam. I shot 5 bursts at him and and in the killcam he was 10 feet to the right..

Lag

This sounds exactly like lag. The killcam will always be a little bit off because your connection is not synched to the same speed as the opponents 9 times out of 10. Therefore when you see his kill cam It will look wacky to you, but looks normal to him.

Agreed killcams are laggy i watched 3 today where i was shot around corners/ through walls but it was foreign host it happens :)