I would probably like this game if it wasn't called Halo.

Zedzish

I have been playing this game for a week now and it just does not feel like Halo at all!

I cant actually pin point what the exact cause of this is i think its just all the little things......

I guess we can start with ordinance drops...... really was this such a great idea????

Part of Halo being Halo is fighting over the weapon spawns. That's just how it is! I mean it truly feels like i am just running around a map like a headless, aimless chicken.

Their is virtually no reason to hold down any area and it just seems to turn into a big camp fest.

Then i pick up some kinda power weapon, i think to myself excellent gonna get a couple of quick kills BAM! incineration cannon.

I pick up a sniper kill a sniper get killed by another sniper! how many snipers and massive gigantic explosive weapons can be on one map at a time?

Kill cam??? really i like sinking in the occasional deserving teabag to that camping loser that i dislike.

instant re spawn????? really what is the point of this? so now their is no penalty for death? And the amount of times i have killed someone to have

them re-spawn in front of me and kill me before i have recharged my shields just wow.

Load outs? why are we doing this? i tell you what is fair... EVERYONE HAVING THE SAME LOAD OUT! and it has always been like that why change it???

That bolt shot pistol thing....... come on who's idea was it to have a possible one shot kill weapon in a load out???

No Bloom hmmmm well i have been saying this all week you simply cant spam a gun across map and it hit the exact same spot every time.

When you get shot you literally have 0.25 seconds to react and hide or you are dead. I was good with bloom and it actually gives you an extra skill to practice and be good at

it stops people spamming the trigger and you actually have time to get away.

I have a 2.2 KD and i only get matched up with other people with 2 point KD's i know this sounds a little cruel but occasionally i enjoy playing with people that have less skill then me the games are more enjoyable and not some huge campfest's. Not to mention i am Australian so the lag infested games i get put into is just fantastic.

Grenades for some reason feel broken to me. I don't know what it is do frags now have an extra bounce or something? It also seems they react to all the surfaces allot differently then they used to and they get caught on corners and so fourth that i sware they should of went past. The other day i though 2 frags one after the other tried to bounce it off the wall and go forward into the corridor i was aiming at. logically they could only go the way i intended but somehow they bounced backwards.....

Feels like their is some kinda extra aim assist put simply i have to try to miss a shot. And a sniper wow i pick that thing up and it is sooooo easy to get head shots.

Also on the topic of the sniper not getting shot out of scope sucks it has cost me a few deaths trying to kill a sniper.

At the end of the day look 343 you did a good job on the campaign but to me the multiplayer just does not feel like Halo can you at least make a more classic playlist and cut out all this extra crap you have added i mean you guys said you were really listening to the community but judging of some of the things you have done it feels like you have done everything but.

you guys said you were really listening to the community but judging of some of the things you have done it feels like you have done everything but.

Well, they certainly did listen to the community. A lot of people complained about Reach, so they tried going back a step back to what it was like in Halo 3. But being as they're the new owners of the franchise, they have to come out with a bang. Therefore, they added a whole new set of things trying to show people what they're made of. It's either you like it or you don't really, it's a hit and miss. But if they just made a Halo 3: Part 2, they probably wouldn't have such a big impact on their first game. If that makes sense... I hope it does haha

Ahh yes... well to be honest i heard more people complaining about everything in this game then they did reach. I mean people absolutely hate this game and hate 343 so i would hope they are going to fix allot of stuff up or they will forever be remembered as the company that ruined Halo.

Ahh yes... well to be honest i heard more people complaining about everything in this game then they did reach. I mean people absolutely hate this game and hate 343 so i would hope they are going to fix allot of stuff up or they will forever be remembered as the company that ruined Halo.

You say people hate this game, but yet it broke almost every single record ever set by any Halo game released. People praise this game for being one of the best ever next to Halo 2. The Campaign is insanely good. IGN gave it a 9.8 and other gamer magazines rated it a 9.2. Where are your sources? A forum with maybe 100 people ranting about this game? Geeze, if you are so fed up with this game then quit, please.

I hear you, trust me. I was a huge Reach fan. I feel like they've taken a step back. I still play the game, it's still kind of fun, just it could be so much better. That's the best way I can put it.

You say people hate this game, but yet it broke almost every single record ever set by any Halo game released. People praise this game for being one of the best ever next to Halo 2. The Campaign is insanely good. IGN gave it a 9.8 and other gamer magazines rated it a 9.2. Where are your sources? A forum with maybe 100 people ranting about this game? Geeze, if you are so fed up with this game then quit, please.

No company will decide how the fans think of the game. Yea, a lot of people like the game, but there's been one heck of a lot of complaints. I agree, the campaign's amazing. The matchmaking? Not so amazing.

My source would actually be all the people complaining about whats wrong with the game every time i join a new match.

As for breaking all the records yea it did and yes i was one of those people that bought it because it says Halo on the title.

So were are all those record breaking amount of people now? not playing the game because they hate it i would imagine?

Halo 4 is leaps and bounds better than Reach. In almost every way. 343 has added their own touch to Halo. Its an evolution. Yea theres some things that need fixing, and theres plenty of time to do that.

Halo 4 is the first installment of a new trilogy by a brand new development team. Considering everything they did, Halo 4 is extremely impressive.

Halo 2 will never be matched, and there are things that I prefer in Halo that 343 changed, but its nowhere near the worst Halo. In some aspects, its on par for being the best halo ever created

• Like 1

Dude, shut the **** up.

You are ignorant. If you don't like it, don't make a stupid rant complaining about every detail of the game that doesn't match your pretty little needs compared to the 4 MILLIION+ that actually enjoy the game.

Just freaking stop with the complaining topics. So far, I have seen VERY little valid points that are negative towards Halo 4. If you honestly think the game is that ****ty just stop playing it. Simple as that. Don't complain like a little girl.

Oh, and FYI: this Halo game feels more like Halo than Halo does.

• Like 1

Okay people are entitled to their A) opinions and B) their concerns. So why not stop bashing him for not liking a game. Halo Reach was garbage and a half, and the reason why was because Bungie did not listen to the community for 6 months on things to change about it. So please, let's talk it out with him, ask him more questions and not just tell people to leave. As awesome of a self-confidence boost it may be to tell someone to get off a game, it really should not be the first thing you post on a forum.

What to take away from this: A) No not 4 million people like this game (there are about 100-300k people still on this game), B) Pushing more people away from the game is not helping solve anything, and C) ask questions, and play devils advocate a bit, stop flaming yourselves by calling someone out and telling them to just leave.

^ Okay first off, you are wrong. There is a large difference between CURRENT players and players who are playing. There is never the full amount of players on a game. But nice try. There have been well over 4M people online this first week alone.

Look, yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I gave him mine.

Theres ENOUGH topics comlpaining about the SAME damn thing. And honestly, look, you're a minority. SO many people care about this game, and love it. The few thousand who complain about the same thing over and over are just getting annoying.

You think the people complaining now are bad? Should have seen when Halo Reach was released. Seriously, on B-Net there was at least 500 posts complaining about every single aspect of the game. Bloom, Bullet Spread, Armor Lock, Jet Pack, pretty much every Armor Ability, Sword Block, Campaign Story, Campaign Characters, forged maps in matchmaking, the maps in matchmaking in general, the slow sniper fire, rockets having drop, AR being OP, AR being UP, AR being the starting weapon, DMR being the starting weapon, DMR/AR Starts, seriously, you name it people complained about it. The complaining got even worse after the Title Update (which was begged for by the community by the way, and the community still complained about it). There are actually fewer things that people are complaining about in Halo 4 than there were in Halo Reach, so I take that as a win for 343i.

The main reason people join forums is because they want their voices heard. The main reason that people want their voices heard about something is because they don't like it. A secondary reason is because they like it so much that they want to make friends that also like it, which the best place to do that is in the game, so it's rare for someone to join a forum for a game because they absolutely love the game and have no complaints at all. The people who do love the game are playing it lol

• Like 3

^ You miss my point. I understand that. I was on the B.net forums literally hours a day reading everything. Don't assume I know nothing about that.

I can tell this game has less negative complaints, but the complaints that ARE here are repedative and redundant. Yes, so were Reach's. But honestly. Making topics like this, and the already-locked "Going back to Reach" topic piss me off.

Just stop playing and don't bother those of us who DO love the game for what is, changes and all.

The thing that really blows me away is that these people complaining about the fundamental changes to gameplay (I think everything is awesome) have NOTHING to say about how limited the playlists are. I cringe every time I hear someone tell me that they will update the playlists LATER. I KNOW THAT. What I notice is that 343i gutted playlist standards. They didn't have to do THAT. I call out every naysayer of the new design who doesn't recognize the one thing that can be amended quite easily is the playlist types. Adding 2 a week and taking them away solves nothing. The core of the lists is a shadow of what the old core used to be, namely in player-number support. It's just so simple. Let the people have 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 3-man MultiTeam and 8Man Objective back. Because most of these people have nothing bad to say about all the sweet new design features. They just want to be allowed to play the way they want to play. Something very wrong with the way people try to stifle democratic process on here. I wouldn't have signed up for these forums if I didn't notice something so SIMPLE was fundamentally broken- An arbitrary gutting of something made standard by a decade of franchise. I noticed this because good friends sold their copies for BLOPS2 in a week. I am simply trying to spread the good word of Halo4, but it's hard when friends say "Nah man, they dropped 8-man support. That Slayer s*** is boring and you know it." -Kind of hard to argue when that's true. I think 343i did a fantastic job. Someone just made the ego-maniacal decision to gut the matchmaking playlists and re-introduce them at a painfully slow rate, when Bungie offered a core standard that we all came to expect. Cheers.

• Like 1

^Interestingly enough that was what I noticed first. However, when saying Bungie offered that core standard, that's not entirely true.

If you recall Halo 3 (which, for me, was Bungie's Swan Song) introduced SWAT as a double XP weekend playlist. And it was swapped out with Zombies, Griffball, Snipers, 5v5 Obj, Fiesta, etc.

Now look at Halo 4. Quite similar, yes?

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person on here praising this game rather than b*tching, ranting and raving.

The loadouts are great!! You can customize for different game types, scenarios, or to fit your personal play-style.

Maps do have a default weapon spawn, they just don't re-spawn afterwards, that's where ordinance comes in, which is good because in previous Halo's, sometimes it was all about what team was controlling the power-weapons rather than who was actually "better".

Again, about loadouts, more choices = better game play. All the standard loadout weapons are evenly matched, all having their own pro's and con's, it just depends on what you prefer and your play style.

Weapons do have a bloom, it's just a lot more shallow especially compared to Reach. I think they wanted to reduce "escapability" a bit since everybody has sprint, so weapons are a bit more lethal. This isn't a bad thing though, there is a nice balance to it.

As far as the bolt shot goes, this may be a very legit complaint. I personally haven't had issues with it, but seems as though a lot of people have. The sound of a one-hit kill weapon in a standard loadout does seem bad, but you do have to be REALLY close for it to work.

This is Halo evolved, and it's better in my opinion. The first Halo's, before armor abilities, were just about having good hand-eye coordination strafing while shooting because everybody had the same guns. Now with the customization of loadouts and armor abilities, you can develop a game plan and it involves more strategy, which is good. While hand-eye coordination and skill do matter, now it's more like a chess match between players. It's about who can incorproate the best strategy and tactics to win. Personally, I prefer it this way, because it should be about who can out-smart the other.

• Like 2

Oh, and FYI: this Halo game feels more like Halo than Halo does.

To be honest i totally agree. This is what Halo is meant to be.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person on here praising this game rather than b*tching, ranting and raving.

The loadouts are great!! You can customize for different game types, scenarios, or to fit your personal play-style.

You know what i have never heard in this game yet? A complaint about AR starts, now that was the real atrocity of all halo games prior.