Rant About Halo 4 Matchmaking

The Beijing King

Ok so to start off Halo 4 is a pretty good game. An amazing game to be honest but there are a lot of things in the multiplayer that is unnecessary or is just off and i hope in due time they will be fixed. First off, the flow of an online match is hampered by grenades. Grenades in Halo are very important but since they made the levels (the levels are kinda ****ty) very little, grenades are always flung and it’s very annoying to walk in a hallway and see like literally 6 or 7 grenades hurled at you and you can’t do **** about it. And the fact that all the Spartans are weaker makes Halo 4 not feel right. I’m a Spartan. I should be able to take more than 2 shots and not die. They made the Spartans way too weak where being a clever player isn’t even feasible in this game. In past Halos, if i were to get jumped, i can outsmart them and come out alive, but on Halo 4 since I’m so weak i don’t even have that opportunity to pull out something out of my ass to save it. It’s better to be a safe player, like in CoD than a crazy one like in past Halos. But it’s not funner being that safe player. Second, all the Armor Abilities and perks are pretty much ****ty and they either needs to be fixed or scrapped. The Thruster Pack, Hardlight Shield (which seems to replace the Dodge Roll and the Armor Lock), AutoSentry, Regeneration Field are all new abilities but they fall short or simply do not work at all. Those new abilities tries to replace old ones but fall flat. Most of the perks literally don’t really help out at all and to be honest they aren’t even necessary. Not once will you say “Thank god i have that grenadier perk” because the perks pretty much do nothing to flesh out or personalize your character or the game. And most of the weapons seems like **** too. The only weapons that matter are all the human weapons, Mostly the DMR and Battle Rifle because they are clearly the best ones. Actually for that matter making classes is pointless as only 2 guns “work” and the perks not having an effect on the battlefield. This game tries so hard to be a Halo with a CoD skin over it and it really doesn’t work out at all. Actually what seems to work out the most is all the old stuff from previous Halos. The old weapons like the DMR/Battle Rifle are much better than the new Promethean Light Rifle or reintroduced Covenant Carbine. Old abilities like Hologram, Jet Pack and Active Camo seems to work very well, even better than in Halo: Reach yet the new stuff seems to just not work at all. I am certain in the future they will fix all of this but as of now, 343, the new **** you implemented just isn’t working, period. You need to fix all of this if you want people to keeping playing past the holiday season.

I agree with OP.It would've been a good game if they kept it Halo. I don't want to play CoD. I want to play the Halo. If I've been playing Halo for ten years why should I have to adapt to anything? If you're privy to some master matchmaking secret share with the rest of us but don't hat his opinions. Especially when people agree with him.

The weapons are way out of balance and the maps are garbage. You're telling me in 5 Halo games previous to this, Valhalla is the best map to make a remake? No. I see their reasoning but just... No. Give me Chill Out or Lockout. Give me Rat Race or Battle Canyon. Give me Ascension or ANYTHING besides this new crap.

And the perks are very useless. I don't know which one to pick because them and the armor abilities are equally as worthless. So forgive the OP and myself for not wanting to "adapt to game mechanics", I'm just mad that these new game mechanics are the same as every other FPS on the market now and the things that made Halo fun are dead and gone.

It's not about perks, or abilities... It's about how best to implement them into a game without taking away from the escence of an entire franchise. Don't even stand there and tell me that Halo 4 is like ANY OTHER HALO GAME OUT THERE.

It's cool they went in a different direction and tried new things. But what they tried sucks. Bad. And I hope they fix it all too. Or I won't be wasting money on wannabe PC games.