Teams against loners (complaints)

acausal

I don't mean to say I want an excuse... but 343 took out (or I don't know where to look) the awareness of parties. This was perhaps to eliminate quitting. But it is give and take... Parties should be matched with parties.

Everything about this game just seems to speed things along. Get games done. Rack kills up. It just seems some things are sacrificed.

It sucks. (Not the game- but this balance issue).

Reach had the problem too. Halo 2 would make parties wait for a "match". Halo 3 did in the beginning I believe. Out of 20000 players for a mode there has to be a good match within a few minutes? Can we not wait that long? Come on!

At least in Reach I could back out before getting totally owned- or knew it may happen. May sound bad but if they don't want to match me up... if they just want the games racked up bullets fired kills logged... well- anyways.

I don't have the time to commit to a steady group. I don't plug mic in. So, much is my fault. But still.

Also- this needs attention!!! CONNECTION OPTIONS!!!!! --- once again they favor their own stats and instant gratification to the experience. I don't want to play with other continents.

This is one reason PC games own console. They often have the ability to pick a server. Loved the days when I could choose to play midwest servers only in certain games. But my ability to keep up with tech lagged and I got drawn into the streamlined experience of consoles. My bad. My bad. I guess we get what we pay for.

All this hypergraphing or whatever/ranting aside... The game is actually hugely impressive. Just a little diseased.

I guess some games do have server browsers.

I say if they did away with everyone has to start together (added in game joining)... let us choose servers by location- as an option.

Connection options connection options connection options connection options party awareness party awareness actual "match"making

• Like 1

I agree with you on this. Connection options would be great. I typically don't plug in a mic or play with others but I wouldn't be opposed to partying up with some competent people, switching on my mic, and actually working as a team.

Speaking of this, if anyone wants to party up sometime send me a message.

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more. Parties should only be matched with other parties. If its 4v4, great. 4v(2&2), that's fine too, though I'd say look for another party of 4 before getting 2 groups of 2.

To add to the problem, you can't even see that they are in a party until after the game. In Reach, you could pick out who was in what party (there was always a connected line next to their names). It was subtle, but it was there.