mantis jump

HipMusic man

so when you first get to the point where you can use the mantis it walks you through how to use it like any other vehicle you don't normally see or use. i noticed one of the last things to pop up as the "tutorial" for the mantis was something along the lines of "press A to override hydraulics system" or something like that. pressed A and it didn't do anything. you would think that it means you can jump with it. ive looked in the game guide and online and it doesn't say anything about hydraulics, the A button, or jumping associated with the mantis. did anyone else see it say that during the campaign?

Unfortunately there is no jump feature for the Mantis. What you read about was the "stomp" ability for the Mantis, the mech will stomp the ground in front of it, pretty much a melee attack for the suit. I believe this also dislodges enemies who jump on and try to destroy the Mantis but I haven't had the chance to try it.