Why did they take Fine Tuning away?

Akuvar

I know they think the addition of magnets is better than the invention of sliced bread, and it is immensely helpful, but it is not the end-all fo'shnizzle. In Reach you could press down on the left thumbstick while using your left and right bumpers to make small adjustments in height, why in the world would they not enable that feature for Halo 4? Magnets often get confused as to what you want to line up and the fine tuning is essential.

While I'm at it, why am I limited to X amount of items in each category. Ravine is a HUGE map, and while making a walkway around and through the ravine I ran out of Bridges. This was often a problem in Reach, too, and I thought they would do away with it in Halo 4. I can place 99 sand bags if I want to, but the heck if they'll let me place another door!

I too would like to see an "empty palette" map that we could be more creative with. All these maps have too much permanent structures that you are forced to work around.

• Like 2

epic fail from 343....

I hope they add fine tuning and zooming in a patch, they could make it so when magnets are disabled we can actually MAKE THINGS ACURRATLY. because the way i see it now, you can't make maps accurate AND unique both at the same time because buildings with magnets have to fit together in a certain way (practically lego)....

sometimes magnets dont attach to things the way you want them, but you can't fine tune them fix this problem... And lets not go in to coordinates, why go through so much hassle when you could just use one button (Ls currently has no use on halo 4 forge anyway)

We need to spread the word so 343 add the buttons to help improve forge!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I scratch my head as to way they took out the fine-tune tool. This is a basic necessity for most forgers and must be returned. In no way do the magnets replace this tool. I used it with almost every object in Reach.

Nothing compares to the lack of this important feature. Add it, this shouldn't be too much to ask.