Ideas/Complaints/Inquiries

Aheadatime

I've noticed a few things while playing thus far, and would like to communicate them to 343 and the community.

1. The railgun has no splash damage apparently. It's either a dead hit or a miss, which is understandable technically, but with such scant ammunition, relatively long reload time, and rarity in general, you'd think there would be at least a little compensation for the occasional miss. Imo, having a weak splash damage effect, like 25% of a non-buffed frag grenade would be a good idea.

2. We should have the option (not sure if we do tbh) to prevent ourselves from joining games that have already started. I like the freedom to quit, and the fact that players will fill in when someone quits, so kudos to the multiplayer team for implementing this. I just don't like getting into a game thats already half over, and I'm on the losing team. So I play it out and I decide to wait in lobby to get a fresh start. Well, half of the people leave. So the game either takes the leftovers (like 3 of us), and throws us into an already-started game (ouch), or starts a new one with unfair teams (3v5 is common). Perhaps we could have the option of "joining new games only", or turning off "hotseat" in some options menu.

3. If I understand correctly, 343 released the game and an optional map pack on release. Personally, this seems pretty shady imo. I feel like I'm missing out on content/playability already, and it's only the 2nd day of release. Nothing to do about that now, just a complaint I wanted to vent.

4. Gauss OP. (Edit) - After playing more games on the particular map (exile), it appears that the Gauss fits in nicely imo. Plenty of weapon drops, other vehicles, and DMRs in general to cooperatively take down the Gauss.

5. Are the "weapon drops" random? Sometimes I get the option of choosing between needler, plasma grenades, and speed boost, but other times they're all so good, its hard to choose (ex - SAW, damage boost, fuel rod). Seems a bit on the random side, unless theres something I'm not understanding yet.

6. Dominion is crazy confusing. Maybe you could have a 'tooltip' option somewhere in menu or options, where we can read very thoroughly the rules/aspects of all of the newer stuff in the halo universe. Dominion, call-ins, rank system, etc.

7. Why no 'party' theater?

8. Invis should negate Promethian vision, and the reticule should not turn red when hovered over an invis player, unless he/she has been damaged, revealing shield.

9. Having a hard time understanding the banshee manuevers. If I'm looking forward (lets say north for the sake of discussion), and do a backflip, I should theoretically complete a 360 flip, facing north again when the flip is complete. Well, this isn't the case. I hope I'm just doing it wrong, and somebody can fill me in here, but so far it seems that after completing a backflip (in multiplayer), my banshee just does whatever it wants. Sometimes its facing a downward/left angle, downward/right, completely 180 degrees from where I was facing when I initiated the flip, etc. A huge problem for the banshee as of right now, especially given its contextual nerfs. The mantis, gauss, scorpion, DMR, and even basic warthog can negate the banshee's power as of right now, as it's much slower when not using boost, and appears to have weaker armor than the previous Halo banshees. In any case, regardless of the context, this seems like an obvious flaw.

10. People can easily boost in FFA because the party size is 6, same size as the gametype. 2 real accounts with 2 guests each can do whatever they want, all the kills/sprees/medals etc they want, which isn't fair to people like myself who try play fair, and therefore slower.

11. Spawn systems on KOTH Haven were pretty wacky, with enemies spawning directly behind me numerous times. Pretty fun in a sense, but perhaps could be improved upon.

I'm sure I'll think of more as I play/understand the game more thoroughly, so I'll update accordingly.

I agree with some of the statements you listed above.... I also think we should add in colored service tags like green or something that show up for members in your party so you can coordinate better.... I find it hard playing big team slayer with a group of 4 friends trying to figure out where they are I would rather want to know right away.

Also having in the matchmaking menu where it shows your spartan/emblem/level it would be cool to make the background of your box the entire thing your state flag.. so you can see what states people are from.

2. We should have the option (not sure if we do tbh) to prevent ourselves from joining games that have already started. I like the freedom to quit, and the fact that players will fill in when someone quits, so kudos to the multiplayer team for implementing this. I just don't like getting into a game thats already half over, and I'm on the losing team. So I play it out and I decide to wait in lobby to get a fresh start. Well, half of the people leave. So the game either takes the leftovers (like 3 of us), and throws us into an already-started game (ouch), or starts a new one with unfair teams (3v5 is common). Perhaps we could have the option of "joining new games only", or turning off "hotseat" in some options menu.

My thoughts exactly! It's cool you can get a new player if you have a player quit, but as someone joining games I hate getting thrown into a game in the middle and I'm on the losing team. (Which will probably most likely be the case as many people that quit, quit because they are getting their butts handed to them!) So not only does it put you on a team of people that are probably lacking in skill but you end up with the Loss on your record and I just don't like that. It was a nice thought, but I'd rather just not have the ability to join games in the middle. It's skewing stats.

I have played for a few hours and im up to 25 in matchmaking and at the part in infinity on campaign. First the menu suckswhen compared to Reach or H4, matchmaking is less Halo and more COD now. With weapon loadouts, instant spawns, players can leave or join match it feels exactly like im playing COD. Matchmaking now is just chaotic as there is no learning the other teams strategy or seeing who their strong players are. There is no point because the entire game can change as 1 or 2 people leave and new players enter. Instant spawn needs to go away, I dont know how many times I spawned only to watch my body still falling to the ground and quickly take out the person that killed me. The graphics seem weak as well in matchmaking. Ranking system sucks I can get 25+ kills and only be 50 points above a guy that got 10 kills if that. I can see already rank once again means nothing. As in Reach you can receive awards in matchmaking for just standing there. I do love prometheus vision as it put an end to camping.

On to campaign the first part felt like CE with the whole damaged spaceship part thats a little weak 343. Once I started playing I noticed the graphics just were not what I expected at all. Compare H3 and H4 the part where you are in the jungle, look at the water take a few steps and fire some rounds into it. Also look up at the sun through the trees I feel as if H3 pulled it off better. The sound effects feel off or strange in H4 an example would be what they did to the warthog, I use to love driving it now I cant stand it. On the subject what in the hell did they do to the banshee? Try to do a loop or backflip and it looks just stupid. Or that scene with the ghost that has your shields down to gain speed but you are going as slow as can be. They killed the sniper rifle it just sounds strange now. The in game music is horrible compared to CE and H3. Which i dont understand because the CE remake had wonderful sound effects. The in game music is horrible compared to CE and H3. The campaign just doesnt have the same feel as H3 did, I felt immersed in the game with H3 not so much with H4 as I quickly became bored.

To me it feels like the quickly tossed a campaign together hoping to make it up on matchmaking. Which by looking at the numbers or lack there of playing I dont think it will happen. I can see it already that Spartan Ops will be a pay to play deal very soon which will be a huge mistake.

My only complaint is this game is just bull****, it makes absolutely no ******* sense How the **** can you detonate a nuke while your 2 feet above it. blow it up and live... yet a grenade or a bullet can kill you???? WTF where is the logic behind that. and you fall out of space and don't die yet bullets can kill you!!!! WHAT!?!?!?! where does this make sense

9. Having a hard time understanding the banshee manuevers. If I'm looking forward (lets say north for the sake of discussion), and do a backflip, I should theoretically complete a 360 flip, facing north again when the flip is complete. Well, this isn't the case. I hope I'm just doing it wrong, and somebody can fill me in here, but so far it seems that after completing a backflip (in multiplayer), my banshee just does whatever it wants. Sometimes its facing a downward/left angle, downward/right, completely 180 degrees from where I was facing when I initiated the flip, etc. A huge problem for the banshee as of right now, especially given its contextual nerfs. The mantis, gauss, scorpion, DMR, and even basic warthog can negate the banshee's power as of right now, as it's much slower when not using boost, and appears to have weaker armor than the previous Halo banshees. In any case, regardless of the context, this seems like an obvious flaw.

This one is actually pretty easy to explain. When in a Banshee, if you do a backflip like you've stated, watch the tail piece that moves, changing your direction. If you are pushing any direction other than forward, your tail piece will be in that direction, and the minute the manuever ends, your Banshee will flip to that direction, making it possible to almost immediately do a 0-radius turn coming out of a manuever, something that you can't really do otherwise. If you want to keep going in the direction you were at, then you just need to make sure you're still forcing your thumbsticks in that direction, rather than modifying the positions.