Anyone else feel like not a lot was done with the Bad Guy?

Predalian5

This is just me, So resist the urge to get angry

I feel like not enough was done. The guy had powers for crying out loud.

What does he do? Sit in his little orange ball and sit back away from the battle.

Sure, There were times when you had to swoop him away but I just feel like more

could have been done.

There wasn't even a boss battle. It was just a short cutscene. Yes you crawl but that's

basically it.

Again, That's just me. Don't know about you guys

This is just me, So resist the urge to get angry

I feel like not enough was done. The guy had powers for crying out loud.

What does he do? Sit in his little orange ball and sit back away from the battle.

Sure, There were times when you had to swoop him away but I just feel like more

could have been done.

There wasn't even a boss battle. It was just a short cutscene. Yes you crawl but that's

basically it.

Again, That's just me. Don't know about you guys

I agree with you 100% but we have to remember that this is one piece of a larger story that will be told over 3 games. This is not the "each game is a different story in the same universe" approach that Bungie took.

I somewhat agree, but remember this is part 1 of 3. Remember the Covenant back in Combat Evolved? Just some bad alien dudes attacking us for no reason.

Too many people forget this is the first part of a trilogy.

Exactly, and we know he's still alive, so he'll definitely be back for pay back in Halo 5 or 6

I somewhat agree, but remember this is part 1 of 3. Remember the Covenant back in Combat Evolved? Just some bad alien dudes attacking us for no reason.

Too many people forget this is the first part of a trilogy.

I get what your saying. But why not start it off with a huge bang?

I mean... Didact is dead, and bringing him back would be useless and lazy.

If they give a good enough reason (Or a cool one) then it will slide smoothly.

Just, I wish more was done with the FIRST of the trilogy. Whether he really is

died or not.

EDIT: I'm a story writer. I know for a fact that resurrecting someone is not the

best thing to do. They filled their roles (At least Didact was supposed to do)

They died for a reason.

*Off Topic* I have never planned to rezzerect someone in my story, Not do I plan

on doing so. I find that doing THAT is like just doing an entire story only to find yourself

back to where you started. Why go through the trouble in letting them doing all this stuff

then when they die, You bring them back to life? Do you really want Cortana's death to be

in vain?

died or not.

EDIT: I'm a story writer. I know for a fact that resurrecting someone is not the

They died for a reason.

*Off Topic* I have never planned to rezzerect someone in my story, Not do I plan

on doing so. I find that doing THAT is like just doing an entire story only to find yourself

back to where you started. Why go through the trouble in letting them doing all this stuff

then when they die, You bring them back to life? Do you really want Cortana's death to be

in vain?

You never see the Didact die. You put a grenade on him and it made him stumble, then he fell down into a slip-space portal which Cortana points out when you first see it.

died or not.

They died for a reason.

in vain?

Its safe to say that the Didact is not dead, we don't see him die, and we hear him talk in the epilogue of the game, so he is alive

I like to hate my bad guys, I like to feel like I want to throw them a beating. I didn't give a rats *** about this guy and he was not even in the game very much. I don't even feel like he was the main arc. I thought Cortana was the main arc, my sole goal for the game was helping her and the Didact was just in the way slowing things down along with the idiot Captain of the infinity who is way to stupid to be given command of the navel flag ship. All he did was slow down the Cortana plot. If he had actually acted like a realy Captain this campaign ends on the shield world.

I actually hope he is dead cause he sucks and so does his back story/retcon human/forerunner war garbage. What a joke, please stay dead and give me a villian with some depth and brains. I hate the over powered, over angry, super genius villain who acts like a total idiot. Him and the Captain of the infinity please never appear again. Not to mention what kind of generic name of a ship is Infinity. Pillar of Autumn, Forward unto Dawn, In Amber Clad., Shadow of Intent. Those were ship names. Generic archetype names, Villains, and protagonists. The zero character promethians. Why is the crazy Forrunner made man even alive? The one Forerunner to live and it was this nut? Yes lets protect the evil villain prisoner, oh and lets make sure he has his army with him? Who came up with that plan? The Forerunners were looking for a place to hide from the flood and nobody went to the shield world. That's what happens when you make giant plot hole filled retcons.

I actually hope he is dead cause he sucks and so does his back story/retcon human/forerunner war garbage. What a joke, please stay dead and give me a villian with some depth and brains. I hate the over powered, over angry, super genius villain who acts like a total idiot. Him and the Captain of the infinity please never appear again. Not to mention what kind of generic name of a ship is Infinity. Pillar of Autumn, Forward unto Dawn, In Amber Clad., Shadow of Intent. Those were ship names. Generic archetype names, Villains, and protagonists. The zero character promethians. Why is the crazy Forrunner made man even alive? The one Forerunner to live and it was this nut? Yes lets protect the evil villain prisoner, oh and lets make sure he has his army with him? Who came up with that plan? The Forerunners were looking for a place to hide from the flood and nobody went to the shield world. That's what happens when you make giant plot hole filled retcons.

The Human-Forerunner war is not a retcon. We never knew what happened before the firing of the Halo rings, so when we learned there was a war between us and the forerunners, which we found out 2 years ago, we didn't see it as a retcon, but just more info on the universe. And there are little to no retcons, so you should expand your knowledge on the universe before making assumptions.

The Human-Forerunner war is not a retcon. We never knew what happened before the firing of the Halo rings, so when we learned there was a war between us and the forerunners, which we found out 2 years ago, we didn't see it as a retcon, but just more info on the universe. And there are little to no retcons, so you should expand your knowledge on the universe before making assumptions.

Yeah it's not a retcon I am sure that's what Bungie was thinking when they wrote the original story. I mean it's not like we meet the Grave mind who was actually alive back then. And it's not like we have access to forerunner files. It's not like we learn about the Forerunners/flood war right? Ohh wait we do, and you know what is never mentioned the great human/forerunnner war. The humans are mentioned, just nothing about a major war with the forerunners. Maybe you want to go listen to what Guilty Spark tells you about the Humans. You know that they are the descendants of the Forerunners, that's why they are called Reclaimers. Reclaim your past. That's why the humans can access Forerunner tech, you know like when human because the Prophets and brutes and everyone else can't access it. Yeah no retcon everyone just forgot and spark must have lied, and the forerunner data files must have lied. Go play Halo 3 and tell me it's not a retcon.

Yeah it's not a retcon I am sure that's what Bungie was thinking when they wrote the original story. I mean it's not like we meet the Grave mind who was actually alive back then. And it's not like we have access to forerunner files. It's not like we learn about the Forerunners/flood war right? Ohh wait we do, and you know what is never mentioned the great human/forerunnner war. The humans are mentioned, just nothing about a major war with the forerunners. Maybe you want to go listen to what Guilty Spark tells you about the Humans. You know that they are the descendants of the Forerunners, that's why they are called Reclaimers. Reclaim your past. That's why the humans can access Forerunner tech, you know like when human because the Prophets and brutes and everyone else can't access it. Yeah no retcon everyone just forgot and spark must have lied, and the forerunner data files must have lied. Go play Halo 3 and tell me it's not a retcon.

Ok. It's not. Just because the war was never mentioned doesn't mean it never happened. And Spark was wrong and right . We aren't descendants of Forerunners, we're genetic cousins, but forerunners were supposed to pass the mantle down to us so n a sense we are descendants of them. And humans aren't supposed to reclaim their past, but they're supposed to reclaim the mantle. Read the books and tell me I'm wrong.