The Machinima Aspect of Halo 4 - Suggestion

MrDj4732

Halo.

Often the medium in many of the great Machinimas on the internet, the accessibility of its forge to build custom maps in which to set these series all the way to the theatre to help us film it.

However there is one hindrance, the forced raised weapons over XBL this system prevents machinimas feeling quite so real when allies are discussing tactics with shotguns pointed at each other. The magic of the series often flickers when officers point guns at they're men and those very men are pointing guns straight back.

All I ask of 343i is to recognise this and to add a gametype within which weapon lowering is possible over XBL and with luck make it easier to perform than it was in the past few games. This would result in the ability to have large groups of allies that don't appear to want to kill each other every frame, the magic of the machinima would no longer be lost during talks in which guns are raised and ready to fire. The amount of spoiled scenes by having guns pointing at each other is phenomenal and this would allow us the opportunity to add more depth into these artforms, the realism of having armies lower their weapons in defeat and not threatening those who have won.

Others may not feel this a necessary addition, however this would build on the community, result in larger collaborations from Machinimators around the globe to make the best films possible as realistically as possible. It may appear to be too much effort for one small part of the game, but it's effort aimed at the most creative part and surely that is what we should strive for a creative community with widespread connections.

Please 343 do right by the creative ones and allow us the freedom to utilise all that we need to produce the best work.

Because let's face it everytime someone watches a brilliant Halo Machinima, it's free advertising, and surely a more realistic way of filming would provide this.

Thanks for reading :D

• Like 1

I think a custom game setting with lowering weapons easily would be good, like Halo 2, but not in matchmaking, because that caused some glitch or something.

This is what I mean, a separate game type only accessible through custom lobbies. This way the best people can work together to make even better machinimas with even more characters and all without having to point a gun at everyone's head !