Best Buy and I

Mr. Snazz

Hello 343i, I have not been very active lately for a slew of reasons, one being that I have been trying to find a job. Of all places, Best Buy called me back. I remember when I first got the call I was shocked, of all places to call me the one place that I would actually enjoy working for calls me! :o I was so amazed, and excited. So, I went ahead for the first interview. I was incredibly nervous because I did not know what the manager would be asking me or if I would need to give him certain documents that I may not have. Well, he ended up being friendly and we just talked for about an hour in a half. That was it, no questions or anything, just talked. He said that I impressed him with how well I can keep a conversation going that sparked up from nothing.

Fast forward a few days, I get another call. It was Best Buy asking for me to go in for the final interview which will either be with the head manager or a small council of employees. This made my head spin thinking that my fate of a job may be in the hands of people that are not even in charge. I went to Best Buy at the allotted date and the manager was there waiting for me, this was definitely a good thing, I thought. At first he seemed extremely serious, I mean like drill sergeant serious. He took me to the interview room and he just kind of looked me over again and told me to take a seat. He was looking over the previous interview I had and then he smiled. He handed me a paper and said, "Congratulations you are now employed by Best Buy." Biggest. Relief. Ever.

As far as Best Buy goes, it is a good job so far. No one is disrespectful, everyone seems to know their place. We all joke around and if you love talking to people then it is really great. We talk to customers and just make conversation. Also, they pay handsomely. I will not say exactly how much but it is far above minimum, even for people under 18. Aside from that, I work in Computer Sales. That just puts more money in my pocket.