BATTLE GAREGGA - Best Game Nobody Played

KyoKusagani1999

A few years ago... in 2008... My curiosity led me to discover an Arcade Game Released by RAIZING in 1996... I've never heard of it beforehand... and having the youthful energy of a thousand suns, I dropped my quarters into the mystery machine... "What could this possibly be? Another Typical Shooter game?" Little did I know at the time... but what I discovered was one of the most influental games ever concieved by any development team... The game stormed out into the Roaring 1940's, as World War II was taking place during that time, it was all out disastarous.... True to real life, the skies became dark and stormy... The war-torn lands are a huge haze of industrialization and innovation, having no mercy to what might have been before those smoke clouds stormed the skies with bullets blazing... I had to brace myself, because I've just stepped into the world of..... BATTLE GAREGGA...

battle_garegga.jpg

I eagarly jumped straight into the action, with Four Realistic planes to chose from to fight the fateful war that wrought hell upon the world, A majestic take-off awaited out of the Garage and into the battlefield... I thought I was prepared to handle this... I was going to march into that battle, fight patrioticly to stand up for what it meant to be a Hero, and Save the World from the devastation of the dictators once again.... Sounds simple enough to play, right? You've got an awesome airplane, and you fly around, shooting things, picking up power-ups to enhance your firepower, and avoid getting shot yourself... Standard arcade game stuff, right? WRONG. You will FAIL, CONSTANTLY... and you wouldn't even know what hit you until you realize that this game came up with one of the most GENIUS mechanics in the history of video games... and also one that's DIABOLICALLY EVIL to the seventh circle of hell... Rank Control.

T-10627G_10,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-10-Battle-Garegga-JPN.jpg T-10627G_16,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-16-Battle-Garegga-JPN.jpg

You see, this game has an automatic difficulty adjustment system.... Every single second you are playing, the game will keep track of. Every single time you shoot something, collect items or power-ups, use bombs, Change Firing Formation, or Discover Secrets, it will keep track, and INCREASE IT RIGHT ON THE FLY ACCORDINGLY. Therefore, you can only go so far before you realize that Rank Control plays a huge aspect in how you're going to be playing the game... THE ONLY WAY TO DECREASE THE DIFFICULTY IS BY LOSING A LIFE! I Can NOT stress how important that is, because if you fail to contorl the rank properly, and it gets SO HIGH that it hits a huge level... The game won't just become Very Hard... it becomes IMPOSSIBLE. Litereally... IMPOSSIBLE. Don't believe me? Here's what Stage 6 Looks like if you let the rank excell to maximum level... Cheats were used for demonstration purposes.

(This Post is to be continued... I have things to do, so I'll be back to finish this later! I hope you are curious, because there's so much more to this game than meets the eye, as right here!)