RTX Expo: Opinions on Gameplay (Links to Videos)

SatanicBagels

RTX.jpg

Well we've now completed Day 1 of the Rooster Teeth Expo. We saw some great new footage of forge and got a more in depth look at the diverse snowy map Longbow. We saw new stuff such as the Halo 4 warthog rolling around spitting bullets out. We saw the new Sniper in action in the hands of some pretty talented players. We have seen enough to make new opinions on Halo .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to View, Like, and Subscribe to these youtube video's. They are from TrulyExclusive, a great member of 343 industries community forums. Thank you TrulyExclusive for the great Youtube videos.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was very interested in Longbow. It looked to be a well designed map with large open spaces for warthogs to slide around and ghosts to boost and splatter opponents in. At the same time there are multiple parts that provide ample cover from the vehicles while not seperating the two different types of combat. I felt that there was enough heavy weapons to prevent the vehicles from absolutely dominating the map.

One specific feature of Halo 4 that we didn't get a whole lot of information on was the new Warthog. It is slightly redesigned and still fits in perfectly with the Halo universe. I felt that it was far more realistic than previous warthogs in that you can see the bullets being spit out from the chaingun on the back instead of the Reach warthog where the bullets just made thin lines to their destination.

The sniper rifle appears to remain true to the original Halo games. It is very powerful in the hands of a good player. Fortunately for us we got to see it in action in the hands of a fairly good sniper. At the beginning of the last match and throughout the rest of it (Boys vs. Girls).

One thing that I am still not certain about is the infinity slayer concept. I'm not sure if I will be playing that or the regular classic style slayer at Halo 4's release. It looks like it could end up skewed in favor of one team if they get lucky with the location of the ordanance drops. I am not a fan of luck based elements in competetive video gaming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as forge goes I am as satisfied as can possibly be. What we have seen is incredible. They gave us a preview of one of the forge worlds which looked absolutely spectacular and then stated that it is the least impressive of the three forge worlds. If the other two are more incredible then I am ready for 343industries to completely blow my mind away.

I am in love with the new features that we have been shown in the preview. The magnet function looks to be the most useful of the new features. It lets you create perfectly absolutely one-hundred percent flat surfaces in your map. This is a huge addition that if it works the way we've been shown so far will bring Halo Forge into a new age of greatness.

Not quite as incredible as the addition of the magnet feature is the new ability to lock and unlock objects while forging. When you are making a structure you will be able to lock and unlock an object for editing with just the quick tap of the left button on the controllers D-pad. This will make it easier to go about your forging without making any mistakes in the midst of it all.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 3

Well we've now completed Day 1 of the Rooster Teeth Expo. We saw some great new footage of forge and got a more in depth look at the diverse snowy map Longbow. We saw new stuff such as the Halo 4 warthog rolling around spitting bullets out. We saw the new Sniper in action in the hands of some pretty talented players. We have seen enough to make new opinions on Halo 4.

I was very interested in Longbow. It looked to be a well designed map with large open spaces for warthogs to slide around and ghosts to boost and splatter opponents in. At the same time there are multiple parts that provide ample cover from the vehicles while not seperating the two different types of combat. I felt that there was enough heavy weapons to prevent the vehicles from absolutely dominating the map.

One specific feature of Halo 4 that we didn't get a whole lot of information on was the new Warthog. It is slightly redesigned and still fits in perfectly with the Halo universe. I felt that it was far more realistic than previous warthogs in that you can see the bullets being spit out from the chaingun on the back instead of the Reach warthog where the bullets just made thin lines to their destination.

The sniper rifle appears to remain true to the original Halo games. It is very powerful in the hands of a good player. Fortunately for us we got to see it in action in the hands of a fairly good sniper. At the beginning of the last match and throughout the rest of it (Boys vs. Girls).

One thing that I am still not certain about is the infinity slayer concept. I'm not sure if I will be playing that or the regular classic style slayer at Halo 4's release. It looks like it could end up skewed in favor of one team if they get lucky with the location of the ordanance drops. I am not a fan of luck based elements in competetive video gaming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts?

I still need to watch the expo, it looks really nice.

Also, what font is that?

I still need to watch the expo, it looks really nice.

Also, what font is that?

That is Bold Lime green Comic Sans MS.

I highly recommend watching the Expo. It gives you a much closer look at Longbow. We've now seen almost every single square inch of that map.

EDIT: I just added links to my original post. Remember to support the youtube video's in the links anyway you can in support of TrulyExclusive, one of our members, and in thanks for the convinient uploads.

Edited by SweatyBagels
  • Like 1

As a former Armor Ability hater I am very happy to say that I believe they look to be balanced and interesting. The Hardlight Shield is what Armor Lock should have been, Promethean vision is very balanced and balances itself out by displaying your location whenever you use it. One thing that I still want to see would be the jetpack. If the jetpack isn't designed right it could potentially decimate a maps flow and design scheme. From what I have seen so far I am confident that 343 industries will not make this simple design error but I'd like to see a video to confirm it myself.

• Like 2

Why? If you had unlimited speed boost you could just boost across the map!

Not really, you can't use boost when you have to turn, otherwise you'd go flying off into the ocean like that one player almost did. Unlimited speed boost would also make sense being in Halo 4, since they had it in Halo 3. But it would seem that all Ghosts have gone back in terms of technology...

I at least hope they have an option for it in customs and forge.

The Game looks good.

Ghost Looks Good.

LongBow is gonna be a good BtB Map.

AA's Look Good.

-----------------------------------

Still Unhappy with BR & Sniper.

The BR seemed very disappointing to me as well. It's way to weak and there is no reason to have it over the DMR and Carbine as of right now. Hopefully they decide to fix it some later on.

• Like 1