Next Gen Games will look like Crysis 3

Dog

image_297294_thumb_wide300.jpg

Will Next Generation Games Look Like Crysis 3? If they do should they improve?

Speaking to us last week about the calibre of his studio's upcoming shooter, Yerli said: "I don't think Crytek can do more on current generation consoles than Crysis 3.

"I actually think people will be astonished that next gen launch titles from other companies might not be much different from Crysis 3."

On his company's own efforts for new hardware, Yerli added: "Crytek's projects generally will be way above what we've achieved on the existing consoles."

Yerli also praised the work his team has done creating what he believes is a unique game world.

"Crysis 3 has its own visual identity, [the urban rainforest] is a world that hasn't been done before, that kind of depiction, the quality and level of immersion. I think no game has ever done that kind of setting, it's a visual spectacle.

"It has not even been done in Hollywood. People might suggest there are similarities with I Am Legend, but that is quite different to this. I Am Legend is overgrown, but Crysis 3's urban rainforest is a whole different level of that. It has its own identity and I'm very proud of what the team achieved in this regard."

View full article