Halo 5's Story already being discussed

Adam91

1fee1cf86299533404f6b3744024b846.jpg

There have been talks discussing what halo 5's story will be, obviously they aren't going to into all details about it yet but some interesting things have been discussed about the next story and also about it being on the next gen console. Read the article below for more details.

Credit to Lil Dog for finding this.

Source: Examiner

"Halo 4" brought Master Chief back in a fitting way this holiday season, but this is only the beginning for what's still to come from the series and on next-generation systems.

According to a report from Product Reviews on Thursday, apparently people are in favor of seeing the next few installments on next-generation platforms.

"We could simply see 'Halo 4': Next-gen land with improved graphics for the Xbox 720 at an event next year, but we’d favor something totally new in the form of 'Halo 5' with some major improvements in physics and graphics, which would be the bonus for the second and third games in this trilogy if they launch on the Xbox 720.

"If 'Halo 5' hasn’t been worked on this year then launching it next year might bring something with limited work done, so again this is why we’d prefer to see a 'Halo 5' more thought-out with a release date in 2014 on the next-gen Xbox," the report stated.

It went on to discuss how the next installment of the series could perhaps explain more about how Master Chief came to be.

"Some of the ideas we’ve seen for the 'Halo 5' story include the possibility of an episode in the theme of “Search for Spock“, which could see Master Chief leave Earth looking for Cortana, although we also hear that a lot of fans want to see how the Spartans were created and how they were broke to make them a Spartan.

"This would also deliver a lot more insight into how MC had been created, and what process he had to go through," the report stated.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I think expanding upon how Chief is more than a machine would be neat. Remember how Cortana asked Chief to figure out which of them were the machine? And how at the end Lasky said soldiers aren't just machines, but human? So for the game to explore a little into Master Chief's character could be cool. See who he is besides a supersoldier defending humanity. I don't think Halo 5 should be too big on how the Spartans came to be. Maybe explain some, but it should not be a major point. And I don't think Chief should get another AI. Cortana was his partner, and I think he should either find her or go it alone. xP

I like that fact that you have announced that there is a working storyline for Halo 5, will there be anymore mistakes ?? There are numorious things that you have not emplemented into Halo 4 that was in Halo 3/2 such as a true skill ranking system ?? where did all of the pretty symbols go and the competetiveness that came alog when people got matched up with their own skill levels ?, Now we cannot watch films in theater as a party I really liked inviting friends to watch films with me, Where did all of the fun go when there were clans in Halo 2 ? and thats just to name a few things that I see that arent in Halo 4 my list of things could go on and on wich it will just wait. With That being said does anyone aggree with me on that small list of things that need to be improved?

Personally I would hope that they leave Cortana dead. Not because I don't want her back, but because it would cheapen her death from a thematic standpoint. Having John come to grips with that, as well as starting the long trip back to being able to function as something more than a supersoldier could potentially be a very important piece of storytelling for the series.

Spock's return only worked because Kirk put absolutely so much effort into it, and we all know that if he thought it could be done, John would do just as much, and more, to get Cortana back.

It would take some careful work to be done right, but if they were to do so? Leave it for Halo 6.

Now, what we really do need is the return of the Arbiter. He is, funny enough, arguably one of the few remaining people who could be considered a friend of the Chief. Story wise, he is one of those rare people in the series who is just as dangerous, skilled, and capable as the chief, and has the battle record to prove it.

He also has an interesting perspective on things. He comes from a warrior culture where everyone is expected to be soldiers. They understand that soldiers are people too.

"You have my thanks, for standing by him to the end. It's hard to believe he's dead."

"Were it so easy."

sorry to everyone but I have yet to play Halo 4(xbox died 2 weeks before the release). What I would really like to see is either the books or the games to start following each other, there are too many inconsistencies in them, by the way can anyone at least let me know if Master Chief ends up on Onyx?

i would love to see some interaction with blue team, with the spartan 3's, but mainly the surviving 2's. if chief has lost cortana then reuniting with his team may help him emotionally.

i loved that in halo 4 it felt like halo 1, that was awesome shooting up the covies again. i have played every halo game and read most of the books but i did not like playing as the arbiter, or having him alongside the chief, these are the guys we were supposed to be shooting. also halo 4 takes place 4 years after halo 3 and the books are not telling the story at the time of halo 4, so there is plenty of questions i have regarding the surviving spartan 3's and spartan 2's. lots of room to go with the story with all of the untied ends.

Honestly, I think Halo 5 & 6 have epic potential - but only if one constant is reborn. Cortana can NOT be dead. Have Chief leave Earth in search of Precursor technology. The Didact fears/reveres them more than anything, and some of their technology/weapons could definitely be used for/against the universe - hence a spectacular plot struggle. Have Chief search out other life in the galaxy to rally to the cause of humanity - and in the process, he seeks how to resurrect Cortana...maybe even fulfill her desire to be real - human. Either way, please PLEASE do NOT leave Cortana to die...or else you'll lose half of your fan-base.

Honestly, I think Halo 5 & 6 have epic potential - but only if one constant is reborn. Cortana can NOT be dead. Have Chief leave Earth in search of Precursor technology. The Didact fears/reveres them more than anything, and some of their technology/weapons could definitely be used for/against the universe - hence a spectacular plot struggle. Have Chief search out other life in the galaxy to rally to the cause of humanity - and in the process, he seeks how to resurrect Cortana...maybe even fulfill her desire to be real - human. Either way, please PLEASE do NOT leave Cortana to die...or else you'll lose half of your fan-base.

i agree with this guy

Seeing that Halo 5 could come out in 2 years is great news. I think the story should mostly be Chief finding Cortana with Haulsey. With 4's ending, (SPOILER) it leads me to believe that the Didact is still alive and he may eventually possess the knowledge to obtain Cortana and bring her back, this would be Chief's hurdle to overcome. I am also assuming after Halo 3 a coo must have taken place within the Covenant and they will probably trickle into 5 as well, hopefully with the Arbiter. I am curious about the Spartan project like everyone is saying but I don't feel that will fit into the game.

I definately agree that Master Chief needs to find the remaining members of Blue team along with the remaining Spartan 3's. I don't know what happened to Cortana but Master Chief is not Master Chief without her, she has been part of the story since the beginning. Cortana was with the Master Chief since his first exercises in the Mjolnir armor so I don't feel the game would be the same without her. It will be tricky to bring her back considering an AI's seven year "life span" which makes her well "out of warranty" during Halo 4.

First, before you decide on spending millions of dollars on Halo 5 you need to fix Halo 4. If you don't fix Halo 4 no one will buy Halo 5 and you will lose money. You need to completely redo the ordinance drops to get rid of the power weapon drops and add in ammo drops and other things instead. I have so many idea's on that.

Also, the power weapons should be on a spawn timer and fixed location to encourage all out fights over them. So campers can no longer have a scattershot/shotgun sent right to them. I can't tell you how sick I am of some camper with invisibiity always getting a shotgun.

My list of things to fix:

Killcam, Lag, Map structures, Ordinance drops, and randomly spawning dead or into a game half way through and grenades SO ALL OF MULTIPLAYER.

Things I do enjoy:

I love the campaign so far. I think the graphics are great the story line is equally as impressive. The Halo lore in general is amazing.

As a huge fan of Halo since Halo 2 there were things that drew me into the game. It wasn't just because it was an FPS game. I actually don't like any FPS except Halo. The reasons behind it are anyone can make a game where all you do is pick up guns run and shoot. What made Halo great was some of it's inconsistincies maps where there were glitches you could crouch and hide and duels where sometimes a shot wouldn't register. Perfecting that is what made it so addicting. We have all been in the position where we would be without a shield 3 guys around us down by 4 points with a sniper and pull off some amazing Melee, double headhsot kill because they all rushed snipe. It got our adrenaline pumping. Remember those times guys? Like when we rush over shield and invis because they were such powerful tools to have? It promoted all out battles and it feels since ordinance drops were put in there is just camping. Now there is no need to rush anything and it's all long distance battles and IT IS BORING.

What is more upsetting is no one in management had the foresight to see how badly ordinance drops would affect the gameplay.

So this is my proposal.

Ordinance drops should only drop some ammo or grenades 50-60% of the time and . A power weapon 10% of the time. A shield maybe 30% of the time? Grenades need to be more powerful. Weapon spawns should be back to fixed timers to promote fights. More weapon balancing.

Sincerely,

The guy who won't play Halo 5 unless Halo 4 is fixed.

wht id like to see is wht librarian prepared humanity for may the return of the precursors to test humanity and id like to knw if forerunners indexed sentinel life to repopulate why they did not indexed themself for repopulation that is a question id like to get an answer to

they should seirously make another character that helps mastercheif throught his mission named SpartanX7. he could come from earth but he didnt finish his training. But He turly kicks ass.

if you look at halo 3 and ODST you have two storys in the same time period about. Now what would be cool is since we have master chief after halo 3, we should see what happens with the arbiter. it could be called HALO:4 Sanghelios. Now just throwing out some thought... what if sanghelios were attacked by something as the arbiter arrived home? or at least bring in another emotionally connecting campaign such as the connection between chief and cortana.

idk man i would not appreciate an entire game with the covenant, mainly elites as the protagonist, i would much prefer humans, especially spartans II's because Halo 3 ODST was a very *** game in my opinion

I could definitely see that considering the Forerunners attempts at joining organic and digital beings, cortana coming back as a real person would be interesting

There is a lot of finger pointing at Halsey in regards to Master Chief being "broken". Also due to his spat with Del Rio Master Chief was dubbed an "aging Spartan". I think this puts the Master Chief on the outs with ONI directoives. Something is changing and not for good within ONI. It would be intersting to see the Master Chief leave earth in search of Cortana after being either decommissioned or on the run. Maybe he is on the outs due to his disagreement with ONI about Sanghelios and goes to help the Arbiter. maybe ONI tries to use or control the flood to destroy Sanghelios and the covenant and the Arbiter and Master Chief go to look for other forerunner help. remember the librarian ha dplaced a geas within Master Chief as well. This could direct them to where they need to go. Maybe they try to reawaken Borstellar Didact, as Bornstellar had an affinity for humanity.

Halo 4 has gone so much more deep. I'm exicited Master chief will b on the next-gen console, the 720, I imagine myself delved deeper into against the promeatheans, engaging them, thwarting them, rebeling against them & see the more ancient works of the forerunners come 2 life while Master chief is darkly prolonged by his services in the UNSC since his cybernetic enhancements were first generated into him since the Spartan 2s gone into the covenant-Spartan war he had gone & became a super-soldier/cyborg plus Master chief petty officer of the NAVY. MC was just John, a child who would was changed forever by the endeavers of Dr. Halsey to save humanity & MC knows the fall of Reach, the 2nd last standing point in the covenant-Spartan war, his missions on Africa since childhood, knowing Jul 'Mdama & the Arbiter since he made truces with them, stopped the flood, well pushed them back 4 various years & slayed covenant since he was a teenager up 2 date in over 3 different wars, battles & long term invasions by the covenant & his travels to the 1st halo ring installation insighted him on the forerunners through the acess of terminals, the "librarians" Forerunners database & all that has scared him, the dark legacy 4 Halo 5. BOOYAH!