Halo: Reclaimer Trilogy 'What could Happen'

Archon

Balder grabbed Terra and stood up

"Keep your eyes peeled, your guns at the ready and we'll make it though this" Balder said, " I'll take point, Pvt. Bluesky cover my right flank, Airman Trevelyan you cover my left flank. everyone remember to watch your six, we don't need anything sneaking up on us"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IC:

"Roger that," replies Bluesky as he pulls the bolt on his assault rifle. He kept the safety on.

"Hey, Captain?" he asks Red. "You know if we brought any wheels with us?" If this place is big, he doesn't want to have to footslog it to God-knows-where-and-back.

Red pointed his thumb to the rear of the pelican. "Got a Gauss." He stated and pressed a button, and then they were free of the Frigate's hold.

Red left the thrusters deactivated for a moment, and they spiralled for several seconds before he activated them and levelled out with the other pelicans.

He chuckled blankly to himself before staring out of the cockpit at the sight before him.

"Holy... ****..." Red said and he turned his head to look around.

There was vast green plains, and everything seemed to go up, this planet was clearly made by somebody crazy, that lived in opposite world. The surface was on the outside, not the inside.

"Swee-eet!" came the Private's reply to hearing about the Gauss 'Hog. Of course, he presumed that he'd get to ride in it, if not drive or man the Gauss cannon.

"Holy... ****..." Red remarked. He never sounded frightened, but it sent a chill up the spine of Private Bluesky nonetheless.

Cloud never dared to look. He had to keep focused. When Trevelyan stole a peek, however, it became harder to do that. He had to distract himself.

"Your call on the seating arrangements, Corporal," he said to Alexander. "I'm as good a shot as I am a driver, sir. Just letting you know."

Balder saw Trevelyan looking at something through the cockpit, curious Balder glanced out the cockpit window and caught a glimpse of the planet. "Great Odin's raven!" Balder exclaimed "What is that thing?"

"Your call on the seating arrangements, Corporal," Bluesky said to Alexander bringing the Corporal's attention back into the pelican "I'm as good a shot as I am a driver, sir. Just letting you know."

It took Balder a second to process what Bluesky said "Your on turret Private." Balder told Bluesky.

"I know it's not what your use to Airman but your driving." Balder told Trevelyan "That means me and Terra got shotgun."

Bluesky acknowledges with a, "You got it, Corporal." His thoughts suddenly and turbulently drifted back to, What the Hell's out there?

Bluesky reached down his collar and pulled out a totem he bore on a brown leather string around his neck. He whispers something to it in an ancient Native tongue, touches it to his forehead and puts it back beneath his chest armor.

"Is that... Ah ****..." Red mumbled to himself as he looked out into the massiveness of the backwards bowl planet. That's what it was to him at any rate.

"Banshees are being deployed. Looks like we didn't completely wipe out the covenant after all." Red added as he armed the Anvil rockets and got ready to kill some banshees. "And... Seraphs.. we're so f-" He began but was cut off by the rockets leaving the pods and smashing into several banshees. The other Pelicans did the same, eliminating fifty of the hundred and something banshees and seraphs that were intercepting seven Pelicans armed to the teeth and roughly thirteen UH-144 Falcons with AV-14 Hornet support to back them up.

"Might wanna hang on to something... this is not gonna go well." Red said and gripped the controls tightly.

Balder heard Red mention Banshees and Seraphs being deployed. "Did i hear that right?" Balder asked "We're being attacked by the Covenant?"

Balder looked at Trevelyan "I guess they didn't get the memo that they lost." Balder told Trevelyan "Don't worry though, We'll make sure they get it this time"

Balder turned his attention to Bluesky "I hope your as good of a shot as you say you are Private, because i have a feeling there is gonna be a welcoming party when we land" Balder told Bluesky

Bluesky grabbed the Holy s**t handle again, and after hearing Red's suggestion to hang on, he gripped it a little tighter than usual. His breath became short, more rapid, and he began to sweat. The idea of dying in a Pelican wasn't new to him, but he always hoped he'd be the one flying.

"I hope you're as good of a shot as you say you are, Private," said the Corporal, "because I feel there is gonna be a welcoming party when we land." Cloud didn't know just then how to tell the Corporal that he never said anything about being a good shot. Only that he's as good a shot as he is a driver.

"I just hope our glorified Air Force technician here has his driver's license," he said with a forced smirk toward A1C Trevelyan.

"I just hope our glorified Air Force technician here has his driver's license," Bluesky said toward A1C Trevelyan.

"The Air Force doesn't train stupid pilots Private, I can assure you there's no one more qualified to drive the 'Hog than Airman Trevelyan" Balder said to Bluesky. Balder then discreetly looks at A1C Trevelyan "you do know how to drive a 'Hog right?" He whispered to the Airman

OOC: lol :lol:

Wiping the smirk off his face, Bluesky shrugs and turns his attention back to the bay door. He was waiting for it to open. To see a crack appear and light to pour in. He wanted to get out there. To do something.

He hates the waiting. More accurately, he hates not knowing whether he's gonna make it out of the flying bucket alive and in one piece. You can't really see anything in the back. If only there was a monitor to show passengers what was in front of them.

"Are we there yet?" Bluesky asks Red with a childish huff. He knew he was being insolent, but he was sure everybody wanted to know the answer.

"Are we there yet?" Bluesky asks Red with a childish huff. He knew he was being insolent, but he was sure everybody wanted to know the answer.

Balder was wondering this himself, It feels like he has been cooped up in the pelican for days even though it hasn't been anywhere near that long. As he was standing in the pelican's blood tray, he remembers his first combat drop as an ODST and the feeling of nervousness he felt that day. That mission was similar to this one, in both he had limited intel and he was going against an enemy force unknown in size. One thing that mission had was the element of surprise, who knows what advantage they're going to have in this mission.

OOC: Writers block? Lul... I haven't been on lately sorry. But here's an update. I'll add another tomorrow hopefully.

IC:

Red stared through the visor of his helmet and squinted his eyes at three banshees on an assault trajectory. One fired, a fuel rod, and then the second one fired it's fuel rod, the third one as well.

Red's view on time became slower as the adrenaline entered his bloodstream, he fired a single ANVIL Rocket barrage and hit all three banshees with ease, before doing a manoeuvre that may as well have made everyone black out.

The Passengers immediatly felt the G-forces as they executed a Barrel-roll in a Pelican dropship that then flew upwards after the pilot executed his manoeuvre that required great skill and timing, before the passengers piled up into the rear of the pelican.

"Executing landing procedure in thirty seconds, make sure you pick up your weap-" He was cut off mid-sentence as Banshee plasma cannons ripped through the ****-pit window and almost literally tore Red's body to shreds.

They immediately lost control and entered a nose dive towards the 'surface', the Airman being the only one with flight training had a few seconds to react.

Trevelyan felt the bay's heat rise. He looked towards the cockpit and saw what was left of Red, strewn all over the cockpit. He immediately dove towards the cockpit, wiping blood from the controls. "Hang on!" he said. He looked out and saw a curving line of blue, a river. A second rod of plasma hit the tail of the dropship, rendering it useless. The Airman veered left to crash-land in the river, minimizing the force of the impact. "This is gonna get wet" he said. "Grab hold of something!" Trevelyan dropped the warthog just before impact. The pelican plunged into the water, burying itself into the river bed. Only the rear hatch was above the water level.

Trevelyan was knocked unconscious by the force of the impact.

To Balder the entire crash seemed like a blur, everything happened so fast that he wasn't even sure what happened. Dazed and in pain, Balder manages to make it to his feet, he looks around and notices Trevelyan unconscious in the cockpit under water. Balder dives into the water and grab Trevelyan,he manages to bring Trevelyan above the water and safely lays him down.

"You wait here Airman" Balder tells Trevelyan knowing he can't hear him "I left another friend in there and she'll kill me if i leave her." Balder goes back into the water and grabs Terra, he resurfaces and plants himself next to Trevelyan

"This is why i joined the ODST" Balder muttered to himself "So i could avoid things like this"

OOC: I don't see why not, A-Dog. After all, "It's Peli-CAN, not Peli-CAN'T." :D

Will be writing my bit when I get home from work. Been preoccupied with Skyrim too much lately. Sorry for the delay.

Peppy: Do a barrel roll!

IC:

The dropship abruptly began to spin and the passengers were sucked back into their seats on one side, or sent sliding and rolling upward toward the ceiling on the other. Unfortunately for Cloud, he was on the other side.

With a, "Hooolyyy ss****!" Cloud was pulled up the side of the hold and hit the cargo netting that held a long box.

M41 SSR MAV/AW

UNSC Marine Corps

He kept his grip on the handle he had been holding on to and managed to keep from crashing into anybody else. That is, right up until the utter cessation of movement of the Pelican threw him into the pile of bodies that suddenly appeared against the wall behind the cockpit.

There was much grunting and groaning from the heap of writhing bodies. Everyone wanted to get the hell out of there. Water began to fill the passenger hold, but when Cloud opened his eyes he couldn't see where it was coming from. Then somebody grabbed him and pulled him up and suddenly it didn't much matter anymore.

"Everybody up! Come on, we're taking on water! Get up, Marine."

Cloud didn't immediately recognize the voice, but he got up, grabbed his assault rifle, the box he rolled into before the crash, and clambered out with a bit of help from the unknown character.

OOC: There's your chance, A-Dog. If you want to take it, I mean. You don't have to. It'd be cool though. :yes