Journey

SykoWolf

Tell you what... Journey is easily one of my favourite games in existence. While the epic  "Journey" is only short, it's easily one of the more emotional games that I've had the pleasure to play.

In case you are wondering what the hell "Journey" is, read the below happy.png

oxcgns-interview-with-thatgamecompany-ox

Journey is the latest game by Thatgamecompany, creators of "Flower", another brilliantly designed game.

In Journey, you take on the role of some sort of stick creature in a robe, whose only goal is to traverse a vast landscape of sand and snow in order to reach a distant mountain, bathed in a mysterious light.

Along the way you are able to uncover hints at what may have happened to your race, who have all but disappeared, leaving only their magnificent technology and mysterious "magic carpets" behind.

And if you play online, you have the chance to meet some unknown stranger to tag along with you, only being able to communicate with a simple unique noise that only you can make....creating one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had.

The soundtrack, composed by Austin Wintory, is simply beautiful as it plays in the background and was well worth the $5 or $10 I paid for it on Itunes. It easily rivals the music of some other big games out there...including Halo...which is even hard for me to type :P

If you havent had the chance to play this amazing game...do it...now :3

If you have, care to comment on your experience?

Edited by SykoWolf
  • Like 1