•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 09:23 AM) Welcome to the forums, CecilBusty! :welcome: View CecilBusty's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 August 2019 - 03:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, GeorgeSug! :welcome: View GeorgeSug's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 August 2019 - 11:24 AM) Welcome to the forums, BrianerE! :welcome: View BrianerE's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 August 2019 - 05:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, pavingLadia! :welcome: View pavingLadia's Profile
@  343iBot : (18 August 2019 - 03:40 PM) Welcome to the forums, modsfsgame! :welcome: View modsfsgame's Profile
@  Maestro : (18 August 2019 - 12:23 PM) report them and move on
@  343iBot : (18 August 2019 - 09:00 AM) Welcome to the forums, Znakomstvo! :welcome: View Znakomstvo's Profile
@  343iBot : (18 August 2019 - 08:23 AM) Welcome to the forums, jwxfJeome! :welcome: View jwxfJeome's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (18 August 2019 - 05:59 AM) :'(
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:53 AM) It be like that doe ;-;
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:53 AM) Them scallywags, always coming up on our forums like that.
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:52 AM) @Halo6 Follower *REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 09:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, centrsnabInhast! :welcome: View centrsnabInhast's Profile
@  Filch_Is_A_H... : (17 August 2019 - 06:34 PM) Thats sad
@  Filch_Is_A_H... : (17 August 2019 - 06:34 PM) Less than 10 real people today? :(
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 02:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, SVSInhast! :welcome: View SVSInhast's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 01:40 PM) Welcome to the forums, Oregonmofe! :welcome: View Oregonmofe's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 10:15 AM) Welcome to the forums, Howardfom! :welcome: View Howardfom's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 07:37 AM) Welcome to the forums, oidupevyus! :welcome: View oidupevyus's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (17 August 2019 - 05:54 AM) reee

Photo

Halo Wars 2: Would it be awesome?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:AAN2
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

While I like cookies I still wont take one. Its not that I am showing "fanboyism" its a personal preference. Just as you have personal preferences of your own (whatever they may be). I prefer Mass Effect on the console instead of PC because the controls feel better on the console. Its all in its design.

One could make the arguement that if a game is designed "properly" they CAN work on any platform. Its up to the developer to do so, and in this case (as well as any other RTS cases on consoles) I feel they failed in the worst possible way.

Also you could have said that about any "argument" which involves personal opinion as personal opinions are only correct for the person who has that opinion. Wasnt using logic, just stating a personal opinion..

Good gravy dude did you not realize that I was stating a personal opinion? I thought I made that clear...

You did not follow internet protocol by stating "IMO", "In my opinion", "Imho" or any of the other statements that are designed to let people know you are stating only an opinion rather than fact. Therefor, the blame lies with you, not me. :D

Posted Image

Don't forget to like people's posts.

Posted Image

#22 Vaulting♥Frog

Vaulting♥Frog

Too old

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,171 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:CapToenail24
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow
3    5            

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

You did not follow internet protocol by stating "IMO", "In my opinion", "Imho" or any of the other statements that are designed to let people know you are stating only an opinion rather than fact. Therefor, the blame lies with you, not me. :D

I thought I had, my appologies. I shall amend my posts to state as such.

Posted Image

#23 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:AAN2
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

I thought I had, my appologies. I shall amend my posts to state as such.

Good man.

Back to the topic at hand, I pretty much play Halo for the story, so I don't mind if they do another Halo Wars. IMO Halo Wars had a pretty good story, and also followed canon (and even had a halo timeline). So it didn't disappoint in that regard and I would like to see another.

Posted Image

Don't forget to like people's posts.

Posted Image

#24 vStealthYx

vStealthYx

Grunt

• Members
  • 62 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:vStealthYx

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

i think it would be awesome because i already love halo wars
A leader leads by example not by force

#25 ItsMrDeath2You

ItsMrDeath2You

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 128 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:DE ItsMrDeath2U
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

I respectfully disagree with this. I think that the first one was fantastic. It was so simple with its rock-paper-scissors damage style yet so fast paced because you constantly had to micromanage: attack while training more units, upgrade these, occupy this, build here, build there, take this base. It was really great and it had the best cutscene graphics of any of the Halo games. I jump on almost every Halo Wars 2 thread because I look forward to it so much. Halo Wars 2 will happen, I've said it before and I'm saying it again. It's a very big success with a lot of Halo fans because of the freedom of controlling a small army using units from the Halo Universe. That's just awesome in itself! And being able to zoom in and see the action up close is very fun haha. I don't exactly know how the story would work but wait some years and it'll come up I know this. Frank O'Connor already mentioned how very possible it was or would be if they weren't so occupied with the Reclaimer Trilogy.

im not sure but i think frank had also said they might allow another company to make it just like bungie did with hw1, but i would have to go and watch the interview again to be sure.

#26 Karasu

Karasu

Drone

• Members
  • 18 posts
Liked

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

I think having another installment of Halo Wars would be nice, but rather calling it Halo Wars. Give it an entirely different name and give it the same theme. Just more along the lines of galactic simulation style game. Because to be quite honest I felt limited to what I could do in the first Halo Wars game. But giving it a kinda Total War look and feel. While at the same time holding the RTS style game play when you go into battles and such. it'd be turned based, but overall I think that'd give it a bit more depth. But that's just my personal opinion. As I love the TW series.

#27 The Heretic Grunt

The Heretic Grunt

Elite

• Banned
  • 82 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Sir TurdNuggets
  • LocationHigh Charity

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

I tell you what, 343 might not make games so great but thats because they're new to halo. BUT 343 CANNOT MAKE HALOWARS 2 FOR 1 REASON: WHEN THE HELL WOULD IT TAKE PLACE?!
Posted Image
" ...Boy do you know how expensive this stuff is-Tell that to the Covenant!"-Cairo Station Armorer talking to cheif about his old suit

#28 Karasu

Karasu

Drone

• Members
  • 18 posts
Liked

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

I tell you what, 343 might not make games so great but thats because they're new to halo. BUT 343 CANNOT MAKE HALOWARS 2 FOR 1 REASON: WHEN THE HELL WOULD IT TAKE PLACE?!

That's not all too hard to be quite honest. Remember you can make an RTS style game during the same events of the FPS. Just the RTS version gives you the view of the ranking CO. Rather than a super soldiers in the mist of combat. Both play styles can intertwine.

#29 SpaceWolf4

SpaceWolf4

Brute

• Members
  • 41 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:ApocaLeepse
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

No, no Halo Wars 2 would not be good. The first Halo Wars wasnt good either. Its an RTS on a console, those things do not mix. Period.

Edit: As the Director pointed out I forgot to mention this... These are my opinions nothing else. They are not factual, just opinions.

I agree with this. Although it's highly unlikely that we'll see Halo Wars 2 release for the PC, since Microsoft are so insistent on releasing everything for the Xbox.

#30 Karasu

Karasu

Drone

• Members
  • 18 posts
Liked

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I agree with this. Although it's highly unlikely that we'll see Halo Wars 2 release for the PC, since Microsoft are so insistent on releasing everything for the Xbox.

But here's the thing though. They could release the game at first for consoles. But in due time if there is a high enough demand for it. It may come to the PC. Granted though many PC gamers could care less for Halo in the first place. As it's supposed to be a Xbox exclusive. But of course we know what happened to CE and H2.

#31 melon0111

melon0111

Elite

• Members
  • 81 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:melon0111
  • LocationMonrovia, Liberia (Africa)

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

I would LOVE a Halo Wars 2. I know a lot of people didnt like it but I love RTS games. This game kind of reminds me of Nemisis of the Roman Empire.

#32 Composite Armour

Composite Armour

Blood Raven

• Dedicated Members
  • 744 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Ledgend1221
  • LocationFor the Emperor!
5                3      

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

If they fix a lot of crap then yes.
Halo wars was a terrible RTS game.