Theorising: How would I go about getting the title of Lord restored?

Lazmarr

If anyone can find out what the Bilsborrow family name is...
FREE STUFFS FOR ALLZ

Exactly what the question says, I would like to get the title of lord restored to my family.

During the civil war here in the UK, around the 17th century, my great great whatever grandfather, was a nobleman. however as he sided with the royalists, his title of lord was revoked, his land taken away and I think he was killed?

Now I would like to get the title of lord restored back, how would I do this?

I don't know much of UK history but if your great great whatever grandfather was a Lord to the royalists , and then the royalists lost I would have to conclude that under the new government or leaders or who ever was in power he would no longer be a Lord in there eyes , For example if I was in the military and I resigned and joined another faction my rank in my original military would be avoked . For the record I don't have much idea on this , I'm just giving my opinion on what I think . If I'm wrong which I might be I am sorry for mis-leading you

Bump

You don't need to bump mate, try advertising in the Shoutbox instead - it's a lot more effective than bumping!

Anyway, as for becoming a lord, I think you need to have the titles granted to you by either the Queen or Parliament. They generally hand them out for exceptional service to the country in some way, the most traditional routes are politics or the church.