Hunters

chaosgodloki

Something I would love to see in Halo 5 (or future Halo's) is the ability to 'assassinate' hunters.

Now before you all scream 'NO!' and roll around on the floor, hear me out.

Okay so when I watched Forward Unto Dawn, my favourite bit was at the end when Master Chief shoved that grenade into the hunter. I thought that was awesome! Why can't we do that? I wanna do that!

Of course, it would be too easy. That's why you would only have a slight chance of actually pulling off the feature. If you failed, you would get knocked back, just like the Chief does in Forward Unto Dawn. 

I would really love to see something like this in the future installments of Halo. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

I think it would be awesome to have the ability to assassinate Hunters. But it would be overpowered to simply walk up behind one and kill it with a quick assassination.To balance it perhaps 343 could make it where you would have to take down a certain percentage of health (anywhere from 50%-75% of the Hunters health) before assassinating the Hunter. That way 343 would retain balance in the campaign and also add in awesome animation sequences to add to the player's experience.

• Like 2

In Reach as you know, when you shoot the hunter enought times the armour plate that protect its back comes off. Now, I think once that comes off, you should be able to assassinate the hunter. That's how I'd do it. I'd love to assassinate a hunter, would be so badass!

This is actually a really great idea. It's already possible to melee a hunter to death anyway, so it's not like this would be game-breaking - provided that the armour on a Hunter's back is sufficiently tough, then they wouldn't necessarily be any easier to kill, as by the time the armour comes loose and you can assassinate them they would only be a melee or two away from death anyway. The only thing I'd suggest would be that rather than simply holding down melee to assassinate Hunters, instead they're boarded like vehicles, allowing you to either melee them to death or plant a grenade. This also means that you'd never be in a situation where you end up accidentally performing an assassination when you simply want to kill an opponent quickly, as trying to melee them to death quickly would never accidentally trigger the animation.

• Like 2

This is actually a really great idea. It's already possible to melee a hunter to death anyway, so it's not like this would be game-breaking - provided that the armour on a Hunter's back is sufficiently tough, then they wouldn't necessarily be any easier to kill, as by the time the armour comes loose and you can assassinate them they would only be a melee or two away from death anyway. The only thing I'd suggest would be that rather than simply holding down melee to assassinate Hunters, instead they're boarded like vehicles, allowing you to either melee them to death or plant a grenade. This also means that you'd never be in a situation where you end up accidentally performing an assassination when you simply want to kill an opponent quickly, as trying to melee them to death quickly would never accidentally trigger the animation.

That would be awesome! I can just see it now, the assassination animation kicks in, you grab your grenade and... hmm I was going to say stick the grenade into the hunters mouth and watch his head expload but a hunter doesn't have a mouth. Hmm, I'll have to re-think this, haha. :laughing:

EDIT: Thinking about it, when the armour comes off his back, I'm wondering if the hunters skin is soft enough for you to simply punch the grenade into it. Haha, that would be cool!

• Like 1

That would be awesome! I can just see it now, the assassination animation kicks in, you grab your grenade and... hmm I was going to say stick the grenade into the hunters mouth and watch his head expload but a hunter doesn't have a mouth. Hmm, I'll have to re-think this, haha. :laughing:

EDIT: Thinking about it, when the armour comes off his back, I'm wondering if the hunters skin is soft enough for you to simply punch the grenade into it. Haha, that would be cool!

hunters don't actually have skin they are a giant colony of worms that are about 3 feet long each

It would still be slightly hard to assassinate them though, even without knocking some of their armour off. They tend to spin around and smack you with their shield. Maybe we have to air assassinate them if they still have all their armour on. A Spartan flying through the air will be quite heavy. I think the grenades will be the only way to do it. As thefish54501 stated, they are made out of giant worms covered in tough, heavy armour. Stabbing them might only cut through a couple of the worms, it won't kill the entire Hunter. A grenade will blast it to bits though. 

It would still be slightly hard to assassinate them though, even without knocking some of their armour off. They tend to spin around and smack you with their shield. Maybe we have to air assassinate them if they still have all their armour on. A Spartan flying through the air will be quite heavy. I think the grenades will be the only way to do it. As thefish54501 stated, they are made out of giant worms covered in tough, heavy armour. Stabbing them might only cut through a couple of the worms, it won't kill the entire Hunter. A grenade will blast it to bits though. 

Yeah, it would be difficult but it depends really. It's easier if you have allies near you, as it's attention will be drawn and of course on how good you are skill wise (Includes knowing how to evade at the right time, dodging shots and throwing everything you've got at it within good timing etc). It gives you a better chance to assassinate, but before that actually get some damage on it of course. But, a hunter is suppose to be difficult to kill, if it were easy, it would make the game seem lackluster. Air assassinations would ruin it, unless, it had no armour on.

Even though a Spartan is heavy, it's nothing the Hunter can't take. The point of this topic is to introduce assassinations as an option and to talk about new ways to kill the enemy, specifically the hunter (As I'm sure you're aware), rather than just shooting it and throwing grenades. Since in Reach you could melee the back shielding off the Hunter, it does raise the question, why can't we assassinate the hunter? Once a hunter is at low health and/or is completely exposed, it would be sick if an assassination animating kicked in, that would definitely give the game deep sustenance. Halo 5 can add so much now, as it's next gen. Who knows what new kill animations we'll see regarding assassinations.

• Like 1

Yeah, it would be difficult but it depends really. It's easier if you have allies near you, as it's attention will be drawn and of course on how good you are skill wise (Includes knowing how to evade at the right time, dodging shots and throwing everything you've got at it within good timing etc). It gives you a better chance to assassinate, but before that actually get some damage on it of course. But, a hunter is suppose to be difficult to kill, if it were easy, it would make the game seem lackluster. Air assassinations would ruin it, unless, it had no armour on.

Even though a Spartan is heavy, it's nothing the Hunter can't take. The point of this topic is to introduce assassinations as an option and to talk about new ways to kill the enemy, specifically the hunter (As I'm sure you're aware), rather than just shooting it and throwing grenades. Since in Reach you could melee the back shielding off the Hunter, it does raise the question, why can't we assassinate the hunter? Once a hunter is at low health and/or is completely exposed, it would be sick if an assassination animating kicked in, that would definitely give the game deep sustenance. Halo 5 can add so much now, as it's next gen. Who knows what new kill animations we'll see regarding assassinations.

I don't think a Hunter can carry 1000 pounds of Spartan in Mjolnir Armour landing on it from a high distance. In the games the Spartans seem lighter than they actually are. Hunter assassinations were probably not implemented into the game because it might have been to big of a feature to add in with whatever time they had left. It might of been hard to animate because of the size difference between the Spartan and the Hunters. It might have also made the Hunters seem underpowered.

I don't think a Hunter can carry 1000 pounds of Spartan in Mjolnir Armour landing on it from a high distance. In the games the Spartans seem lighter than they actually are. Hunter assassinations were probably not implemented into the game because it might have been to big of a feature to add in with whatever time they had left. It might of been hard to animate because of the size difference between the Spartan and the Hunters. It might have also made the Hunters seem underpowered.

Yeah, I guess you have a point there. I did forget to mention the strength of the Spartans themselves, too. I can see where you coming from now. Maybe a quick stab in the back and jump back animation (When the hunter is at the lowest of health and has hardly any armour left on it) will work the best if it's implemented, considering the size of the hunter that could be the best animation to use for it.

Yeah, I guess you have a point there. I did forget to mention the strength of the Spartans themselves, too. I can see where you coming from now. Maybe a quick stab in the back and jump back animation (When the hunter is at the lowest of health and has hardly any armour left on it) will work the best if it's implemented, considering the size of the hunter that could be the best animation to use for it.

By "stab", I assume you mean using a knife. As I mentioned earlier, a knife will not do the job. A grenade will be suitable because the shrapnel will blast through and cut most of the worms.

By "stab", I assume you mean using a knife. As I mentioned earlier, a knife will not do the job. A grenade will be suitable because the shrapnel will blast through and cut most of the worms.

Yup, a knife. Depends, you could stab it in the neck, if nothing is protecting that general area. I doesn't really matter, I doubt they'll bother with adding assassinations to a Hunter, but it's a nice thought and of course there's still the possibility... but it's doubtful. Thinking about now, maybe the assassination can only be triggered if you have a grenade on you, if they brought fire grenades back, my god that assassination would be badass!

Yup, a knife. Depends, you could stab it in the neck, if nothing is protecting that general area. I doesn't really matter, I doubt they'll bother with adding assassinations to a Hunter, but it's a nice thought and of course there's still the possibility... but it's doubtful. Thinking about now, maybe the assassination can only be triggered if you have a grenade on you, if they brought fire grenades back, my god that assassination would be badass!

We can only hope

Incendiary grenades would be something interesting to test on a Hunter assassination. Good idea. I don't know if Hunters require oxygen to breathe so they probably don't have a throat. I think they are just worm bonded together. A knife in the neck won't do the trick, grenades are the key. ;)

Incendiary grenades would be something interesting to test on a Hunter assassination. Good idea. I don't know if Hunters require oxygen to breathe so they probably don't have a throat. I think they are just worm bonded together. A knife in the neck won't do the trick, grenades are the key. ;)

It's the best way to go... with a bang.