Missing Armor Abilities

Xodiac

Until last night, Halo 4 worked fine.  But at some point the game must have glitched.  I could select my loadouts, but the Armor Abilities would remain unavailable.  The charge circle never appeared in the lower left corner, pressing the proper button did nothing.  This happens sometimes when there's a blackscreen right when the game begins, so I thought little of it.  But after I died, I still had no AA.  Game ended, next game starts, still no AA.  I shut off the XBox and rebooted, restarting Halo 4... STILL no AA.

I have since gone to bed and it's a new day.  A quick check, playing the game, finds the problem hasn't gone away.  I still get no Armor Abilities when a game loads up, in any game type or lobby.  Everything else seems to work as it should.

I'm playing from disc; this wasn't copied to my hard drive.  So erasing and reinstalling is out.  I am not exactly keen to erase my game data and play the entire game over in the hopes that'll correct the issue.  Is there any way to fix this problem?  Or has my Halo 4 gameplay been forever borked?

You know your second Halo 4 Disc? The one with the War Games features? Try reinstalling that, delete the War Games file off the hard drive, that is just the ability to play online, not your stats and maps, those are all separate files, delete this one, then, use your second disc to reinstall it and try it.

Thanks, Omega.  That did the trick.  It's not a perfect solution - I had to rebuild my loadouts nearly from scratch (oddly, the loadout names remained, though nothing else did).  But that's a minor issue compared to playing the game without Armor Abilities, or starting over from scratch after a total reinstall, which is what I was worried I'd need to do.

THANKS!!

• Like 1