Lets try this again... Halo Politics

FatalRecoiil

Some of you may remember my belligerent rant a couple weeks back. And since i haven't started any new topics and i rarely post here. I feel like i was brushed off because of my language. My points were there but because of the way i said it people weren't having any of it. So heres round two, clean version because i gave some one my word.

Things i see wrong with halo.(keep in mind i know almost everything there is to know about this game) Ima break this down into two sections. Things that can be easily fixed by no real effort or spending on 343s half, and things that require effort/spending. First off, no effort fixes:

Take out insta spawn. It promotes rushing. Even pros like ninja ( ima hesitate to call ninja pro ) cant resist spamming x and instant spawn then rush right to the weakened enemy that killed him.

Add an x over a dead teammate. This was taken out because of insta spawn.

Have players keep moving while looking at the score. Its almost insulting that was taken out. Like, we cant do two things at once.

Have players zoomed out when shot. Keeping players zoomed in when they're shot makes the already dumbed down sniper even easier to use. Same goes for the br and dmr and every other gun.

No auto join. When i start MM i don't want to join a losing game. I also don't want to join a ffa game half way through. I personally back out right away. But thats me.

Drop the magnetism. With the magnetism so high its almost pointless to strafe or make any strategic moves to avoid being shot.

On the same topic, fit the hit boxes to the appropriate body parts. If i can only see a players head, and i get a hit-marker with the snipe, id expect to have him killed. After further investigation its registering in the upper chest area. Also i can have the reticule above an enemies head and still get a head shot.

Reduce the br spread. It will balance out the range between the dmr and br. If only slightly. Its still unfair the range the dmr has compared to the br.

Effort/spending required:

Dedicated servers. 343 said them selves that halo 4 is pushing the 360 to its absolute limits. So why are these same systems being used as servers? First of all the 360 is in no way to be used as a reliable server let alone run a game that is putting amazing stress on its processor, FSB and memory continuously. This is probably not going to be considered until halo 5 due to the next gen console on its way. It would make for better game play and less shots through walls. Besides, 343 boasts about the top notch technology at their disposal through the funding of Microsoft.

A better spawn system. I mean seriously. Especially in doubles. I couldn't hate this game more when i cant spawn near my teammate, but both the enemies spawn inside my setup. Ive studied the the spawn system inside and out and the obvious intentions were good i commend 343 on the solid attempt. But the obvious result was not the intended one.

Better maps. 343 is on the right track with the latest map pack, but still needs work. I suggest enlisting the help of salot and other professional forges who have brought well made MLG maps to the MLG circuit.

Texture to forge?? What happened? Ever since reach everything looks the same. Its bleak and boring. Halo 3 had textures and colors and it made everything look interesting. Not a simple blob with colored lines that are to identify areas of the map. Don't get me wrong even though i don't like MM i support the advances in forge from 3 to reach, and from reach to 4. But different texturing options would be nice. Oh and maybe some grass, or a tree? It looms weird having just rocks and everything else is like metal or concrete looking.

A ranking system. Im aware of your true skill system. Im aware that if you don't play a certain playlist for a while, you play scrubs when you come back. You don't need to base a true skill system off a 1-50 numbered system like 3 did. You could throw in the numbered system as a competitive edge, i don't know but if you put some EFFORT into it, every one could be happy.

343 is definitely moving in the right direction. Turning off auto join in throw down and throw down altogether has been a pretty good success. The bolt shot nerf was great and game play has improved ten fold so far. It would be nice to see 343 take an active role in their own threads like bungie did to at least make their presence known. I lurk from time to time and i haven't seen a 343 employee or well known member of the design crew post or anything of the sort. I like the forge improvements but like i said the forge maps are so bleak and unartistic.

Halo WAS a great competitive game while at the same time has opened a universe similar to that of the star wars universe. The competitive portion was created with a reliable formula for a fps. Bungie strayed far far far from that formula and 343 kept it going by smoothing the edges out of reach. Halo was great for a reason, and is now just another game to be picked up and played by any one. It took skill, knowledge and time to master the game and now i find it hard to distinguish my skills from others on the score board. Its not that im (or any other veteran player ) lost our touch, but that any one can now pick up the game and be generally good at it. I suggest 343 implement some new but not to radical tactical features into halo 5. It looks like this is what we have to work with from now on rather than that legendary game i used to play, so i might as well throw in my two cents...

• Like 1

I agree on a few things. I agree that there are things 343 could change that would be difficult/costly/take effort, and things that really wouldn't.

I don't agree about some of the balance changes, but then again, I always preffered Team Slayer over MLG/So called Competitive playlists.

My easy fixes are as follows.

-Give us back our gametypes. Assault, VIP, Race, One Flag... There's no freaking assymetrical gametypes in this game. That drives me nuts.

-Give us at least the option for eliminatino based play.

-I feel that the CQC weapons might be in need of some balance play.

-Show us our damn rank. Honestly. Black Ops 2's ranking system is pretty awesome (As seen in Starcraft/LoL). Halo Reach had a similar system, but it promoted selfish, kill hogging frantic play and was in general a mess. A combinatino of H3 and R ranking system could work well. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY 343 SEEMS HESITANT TO GIVE THE RANKING SYSTEM THAT SO MANY FANS SEEM TO ASK FOR. NO ONE ASKED FOR INVISIBLE TRUSKILL.

-If ordinance is going to work, the choices need some balancing. Frags, Speed Boost, Needler is just silly. And it comes up to often to be an accident. Stop doing this to us. I like speed boost quite a bit, but a Needler and *** is simply not equal to a Shotgun and Sniper. It's not.

-There was a time when the word was that all players would be warned when ordinance was incoming. And it was more random. This would make all players realize they need to change their plan and adapt on the spot to control the incoming weapon. Instead, we have this sort of random timing but static placement, offering sort of the worst of both worlds, in retrospect. I find myself "bumbling" into Ordinance far too often in H4.

Part of me feels it was a bad idea. Not sure.

Other things...

Why is the level cap so low this time? I'm max rank and I've almost spent more time on CoD.

No theater for Campaign and SO is sad face.

I don't understand why SO is unlosable, it drives me nuts.

Maps need far more artistic variety

I feel that certain perks/abilities could use a buff. I think Hardlight Shield, Sentry, Shielding, and the Tracker perk need a buff. Thruster maybe. I don't think the one grenade penalty was necessary on Pulses, they're not that great.

SHOW THE DAMN TEAM SCORE IN THE CARNAGE REPORT. JESUS.

SHOW THE NAME OF THE GAMETYPE VOTED FOR, NOT THE PLAYLIST YOU'RE IN BEFORE A GAME.

More skins? A simple color picker would be very cool... Maybe same for the visor.

Thruster Pack shouldn't cancel momentum in mancannons. It should multiply. And I'm not sure how I feel about it sending you DOWN in the air.