Out of US conncections get handicap?

cabo

Anyone else have issues with out of country players as to matching up speedwise. Am in Midwest and it seems that I can pick out the players in matchmaking that survive tons more damage than they should....look up their profile and 98% of the time they are from Canada,Mexico, or overseas. I'm not talking a little noticeable, in swat they eat 4 + headshots and continue to kill me. Then to make matters worse; if you quit to stay away from the garbage, you get banned for an hour......neat. If its going to be this rediculous you need to not keep stats because you could play make believe more accurate.I understand quitting a game poses problems but to ban usage of a purchased product is stupid, let alone when its as noticeable and traceable as this appears. So you are required to stay in the game and continue to get would be kills to anyone else but eat death after death so you can continue playing.Pretty ironic when its commonplace to go from +8 to -14 and back and forth. Is there any way to only have Regional matchmaking and or is this anything 343 is working to resolve?

There is no regional matchmaking and the issue is not localised, although it does not happen all the time to me I have seen what you are describing... It seems to occur mostly in BTB for me where I do not even get assists despite hitting the target, or I empty a clip to kill them on and off.

As far as I know its lag based upon where the host is, so if the best host is non US well then those closer to him should be having better connection. To be honest I guess most hosts are US based (if what they say of their net connections is true) or maybe UK being they have a fibre heavy network, so I would expect to suffer as much as anyone but do not find it a major issue most of the time.

Not sure what 343 are doing about it if anything as they have a lot of things top fix right now might be some time before they get anywhere near this issue

This has been an issue as long as I can remember and that's due to the non regional MM set up that Halo has. With the current set up being all social, that's just the way it's gonna be. I'm curious to see what the skilled lists are going to be like. If it's the same non regional set up as the previous Halos I suspect you won't see much of me. I've been rather enjoying the regional match ups on BO2 and that's what I'll stick with if that's the case.

True enough I dare say, good chance most matches have US hosts and yet I fail to see the game changing lag despite having a mediocre connection in Ireland!! Maybe people think they are gods of halo and and that their enemies should die just by looking at them, I suppose when this doesn not happen they may blame the connection :bow:

To be honest its rare enough that I see game breaking lag, sure it may lag a little but its only unplayable on the odd occasion. I wonder what speeds the guys who are complaining about have and what kind of service they use??

I know mine is poor and since its boosted through copper wires its never going to be great lol..